Kelly Clarkson to Taylor Swift's Label: 'Idol' Hits High Notes ... And Right Notes
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 5th 2010 06:34AM
Kelly Clarkson is fired up about Taylor Swift's "pitch-challenged" performance at the Grammy Awards and weighing in about the recent comments made by Big Machine Records's Scott Borchetta who called Swift "the voice of this generation." In the same statement, he added, "This is not American Idol. This is not a competition of getting up and seeing who can sing the highest note. This is about a true artist and writer and communicator." Clarkson posted a letter on her blog (via PEOPLE) that she found it "upsetting" that he attacked the reality singing show. "We not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the 'right' notes as well," the 'American Idol' winner wrote."Thank you for that 'Captain Obvious' sense of humor," Clarkson adds.
While Clarkson admitted that she has had "shaky" performances in the past, she didn't think he handled the situation well. "Every artist has a bad performance or two and that is understandable, but throwing blame will not make the situation at hand any better... instead of lashing out at other artists (that in your 'humble' opinion lack true artistry), you should simply take a breath and realize that sometimes things won't go according to plan or work out and that's okay."
Clarkson then signed her letter with "Sincerely, One of those contestants from American Idol who only made it because of her high notes," and added a winking smiley face.
MORE ABOUT Kelly Clarkson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kelly Clarkson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Valerie Harper reportedly rushed to hospital, 'doesn't look good'
- Ronda Rousey gained 15 lbs to feel more beautiful
- Woody Allen on relationship with Soon-Yi: She responded to someone who was paternal
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Brother Lashes Out at 'Morbid' Twitter Followers: 'They Don't Love You Till You're Famous or Gone'
- Paula Deen Shoots Down Divorce Rumors
- Ben Affleck's 'Gone Baby Gone' Co-Star Sean Malone Dies at 54
- Caitlyn Jenner Slips Her Curves Into a Sexy Black Jumpsuit: See Her Latest Street Style!
- Ciara Opens Up About Struggle to Stay Celibate With Russell Wilson: Watch Us Weekly's Loose Talk Video
- Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation Review: Tom Cruise Is as Game as Ever in "Smart and Satisfying" Blockbuster