PopEater Poll Results: How You Voted on Katie, Mel, Tiger, Conan and More
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 7th 2010 09:30AM
Should Katie Couric stick with nightly news, or flee to daytime? Will Mel Gibson's latest outburst hurt his career? By finishing rehab, can Tiger Woods fix his own image? Is FOX a good fit for Conan O'Brien? Thanks to the hundreds of thousands of PopEater faithful who voted on the most burning questions in Hollywood this week.* Now it's time to see which side they took. Click Inside to See the Votes *Some Poll Results May Have Changed Since Our Last Tallies
· Katie Couric's contract with 'CBS Evening News' is up next year. Given the highs and lows of her tenure as a news anchor, 8- percent of PopEater readers believe that she return to her fluffy daytime roots. Get the Story and Vote
· We here at PopEater were sad when the Oscars nominations were announced and Zach Galifianakis was left off the list to compete for best supporting actor for his role in 'The Hangover.' We wondered if the Academy was biased against comedies -- and 95 percent of readers think the same thing. Furthermore, 86 percent say that comedy is actually harder to pull off than drama. Get the Story and Vote
· James Cameron hinted that there may be a sequel to his Oscar-nominated hit 'Avatar.' According to our poll, 70 percent of voters have seen the 3D sci-fi flick and 73 percent "definitely" think there should be a sequel. Get the Story and Vote
· Mel Gibson called a reporter an a--hole after being questioned about his DUI. Will the outburst affect his career? No, say 78 percent of over 35K voters. Get the Story and Vote
· Tiger Woods has left rehab -- where he was allegedly getting treatment for a sex addiction. Now that he's out, will he be able to rehab his own image? Just over half of PopEater voters say no.
· Rupert Murdoch addressed rumors that Conan O'Brien would be appearing on FOX in the fall. He revealed that there is interest, but not definite plans yet. But 68 percent of over 18K voters agree that this would be a good move for the funnyman.
· Taylor Swift and John Mayer are reportedly more than just friends. However, 85 percent of PopEater readers don't think the country singer and the guitarist would make a good couple.
· Speaking of Swift, she won a lot of Grammys this weekend -- including album of the year. There's been a bit of backlash against the star, and we thought this win might hurt her more than help. However, you do not agree. Sixty-one percent think she'll be just fine. Get the Story and Vote
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Taylor Lautner gets cozy with Kobe at the game between the Charlotte Bobcats and the Los Angeles Lakers on January on February 3rd.
Noel Vasquez, Getty Images
Noel Vasquez, Getty Images
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Polls: How You Voted on Big Stories
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young left band due to dementia
- 'Jeopardy' slammed on social media for 'sexist' category
- Blake Shelton grows up on new album 'Bringing Back the Sunshine'
- New Banksy artwork appears in English seaside town
- Why Kirby v. Marvel mattered
- You need to watch ?The Simpsons' premiere's insane opening sequence
- Adam Levine and Wife Get Naked and Bloody in Creepy New 'Animals' Video
- Amanda Bynes DUI: Her Parents Speak Out
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Wedding Photos! See Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Underboob in Black Sheer Outfit at the Sonia Rykiel Fashion Show in Paris: See the Picture
- Ciara Targeted By Thong-Wearing Celebrity Prankster Vitalii Sediuk at Paris Fashion Week: Pictures
- Michael Strahan, Donald Glover Cast in Magic Mike XXL With Channing Tatum