Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Osbourne sued for allegedly trashing Los Angeles home
- Blake Shelton plays free concert in Atlantic City
- ?Big Bang Theory' cast will likely win wage dispute with CBS, insider says
- 'Jurassic World' Star Chris Pratt Peers Through Bars in New Photo
- Pink Fur, Mohawks and Organic Manis: The Secrets of Hollywood's Hottest Pets
- Who Is the New Denzel? Hollywood Struggles to Launch Next Black Stars
- About that time Chris Pratt flashed Amy Poehler
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe ?Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Best of Late Night TV: Julia Roberts' Face Balls and Chris Pratt's Taxidermy (VIDEO)
- The 'Kingdom' Trailer Takes Mixed Martial Arts to the Next Level (VIDEO)
- William Shatner Might Be Bringing the Funny to 'Ted 2'