Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Dolce & Gabbana Tax-Evasion Conviction Overturned
- Keanu Reeves, 'John Wick' Directors on How Their 'Matrix' Past Helped With Assassin Film
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch Do Beyonce's Dramatic "Crazy in Love" Strut
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming