Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Deborah Lippmann Thinks We'll See These 5 Nail Trends During Awards Season
- Box Office: 'If I Stay' Aims for No. 1 Friday While 'Sin City 2' Faces Bleak Future
- Trailer Report: August Doldrums
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Ranking All the Reasons to Kill
- The 7 Greatest HBO Shows of All Time (PHOTOS)
- Stop What You're Doing and Watch Bob Barker Punch An Animal Hater