Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Glen Campbell's two oldest children fighting wife for control of affairs
- Chris Brown's girlfriend Karrueche Tran dumps him after learning he's a dad
- Bruce Jenner told daughters about transition in front of cameras, report says
- Alec Baldwin: Brian Williams Exaggerated Iraq Story to Appeal to "Pro-Military" Audience
- Ray Winstone to Star in ABC Biblical Drama 'Of Kings and Prophets'
- Bernardo Bertolucci Cancels Mexico Festival Visit Due to Health Concerns
- Luke Evans Cast as Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Instagram on Location: The Best of Hugh Jackman
- Ian McKellen Has One Last Mystery to Solve in 'Mr. Holmes' Trailer