Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'The Roosevelts' earn PBS biggest audience in 20 years
- Halle Berry launching a lingerie line
- Zack Galifianakis grills Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Hear Meryl Streep's Singing Witch in New 'Into The Woods' Short
- DC's CCO on Movie/TV Crossover: "Never Say Never"
- 'Archie' TV Adaptation Lands at Fox
- Alfie Allen on 'John Wick,' 'Game of Thrones,' and Perfecting a Russian Accent
- CBS Cuts 'CSI' Episode Order to 18; Is the Show in Trouble?
- Sam Rockwell on 'Laggies,' Dancing in Movies, and Playing More Subdued Roles