Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Cosby admitted to drugging women to have sex, rape accusers say they are vindicated
- Back on? Katy Perry and John Mayer spotted together
- Shark Week heads to unexplored Cuban waters with new special
- Comedy Central's '@Midnight' Renewed for Third Season
- 'Late Late Show's' James Corden to Host TCA Awards
- Subway Pitchman Jared Fogle's Home Raided in Connection With Child Porn Investigation
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Can You Recognize the Movie by a One-Word Clue?
- 'Ocean's Eleven' and 'Karate Kid' Producer Jerry Weintraub Dead at 77
- Ethan Embry's 5 Favorite Westerns