Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- New Mariah Carey takes swipe at ex Nick Cannon?
- Justin Bieber crashes high school prom
- Martina McBride talks new music and changes in country music award shows
- Mel Gibson to Appear in Karlovy Vary Festival Trailer
- Robert Downey Jr. Gets Overly Emotional With Jimmy Fallon (Video)
- Nepal Earthquake: Japanese Sound Engineer Killed in Everest Avalanche
- Best of Late Night TV: Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Emotional Interview,' Kevin Spacey's Tiger Beat Audition (VIDEO)
- Ellen Pompeo Speaks Out About That 'Grey's Anatomy' Twist
- Jack Nicholson's Reaction to Jared Leto's Joker Is Pretty Much Perfect