Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Paula Deen admits in deposition to using n-word, telling racist jokes, report says
- Country legend Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- Stars' first nude scenes
- 'Big Brother 15' Twists Revealed
- Fox Acquires 'Outliers' Pitch for Peter Chernin to Produce (Exclusive)
- Shanghai Festival: Local Pitches Dominate Project Market Awards
- ?Franklin & Bash' star Breckin Meyer takes the EW Pop Culture Personality Test ? VIDEO
- Katy Perry says Russell Brand asked for a divorce via text message
- Watch Brad Pitt and Jimmy Fallon try a yodel duet ? VIDEO
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Family Movie Mistakes: 21 'Oops' Moments Everyone Can Enjoy (PHOTOS)
- Channing Tatum, Jamie Foxx Star in '(I Wanna) Channing All Over Your Tatum' Music Video
- 'The Lego Movie' Trailer Builds Excitement for New Kind of Toy Story