Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Demi Lovato couldn't go without cocaine for '30 minutes to an hour'
- 1980s Johnny Cash songs, never before heard, getting posthumous release
- Break Time: Bar Refaeli bares all for Elle Spain shoot
- 'SNL' Promos: John Goodman Freaks Out Over 'Roseanne' (Video)
- 'The Voice' Recap: Two Coaches Bring Top 3 Singers to the Finale
- Busan Film Festival to Distribute Movies Via CAC Entertainment
- ?Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Separation of church and state
- ?The Voice' results: Eliminations and the Top 3
- ?Heathers: The Musical' will open Off Broadway in March
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII': Is the Force With Actor Jack O'Connell?
- Tom Hanks Says P.L. Travers Would Absolutely Hate 'Saving Mr. Banks'
- Smaug the Dragon: Five Secrets of 'The Hobbit' Villain