Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
- CNN Overtakes MSNBC in July as Ratings Take a Hit
- Nickelodeon Orders '100 Things to Do' Comedy From 'Big Time Rush' Creator
- 'The Longest Week' Trailer: Jason Bateman and Olivia Wilde's Secret Romance (Video)
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler