Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robin Thicke reportedly dating 19-year-old model
- Model turned MMA fighter Paige VanZant never saw career coming
- 'Star Wars' trailer in nine theaters this weekend
- 'CSI's' George Eads to Exit After 15 Years
- 'New Girl' Finds a Valentine in 'Being Human' Alum (Exclusive)
- 'Star Wars' Flashback: What Happened When the 'Phantom Menace' Teaser Debuted
- Netflix Rescues Tina Fey-Ellie Kemper Comedy 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' From NBC
- Christian Bale Was Bummed When Ben Affleck Was Cast as Batman
- 15 Gifts for the Impossible-to-Shop-For TV & Movie Fanatic in Your Life