Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' sneak peek: Is there a mole in the squad?
- Elle MacPherson gave up drugs and alcohol to stay fit at 50
- Why 'Boy Meets World' star Maitland Ward sexes up red carpets
- 'Interstellar' Clip: Matthew McConaughey Told Rockets Are "Useless Machines"
- Roman Polanski Reportedly Questioned, Released in Poland Amid Renewed U.S. Extradition Bid
- Fiesta de Cine Helps Boost Spanish Box Office
- Funny or Die spoofs viral New York City street-harassment video
- Jim Carrey reprises his Matthew McConaughey impression on ?Letterman'
- Pee-Wee Herman Will Return to the Big Screen in Judd Apatow-Produced Flick (VIDEO)
- You Haven't Seen 'Gone Girl' Until You've Seen It Reenacted by Kittens (VIDEO)
- The 'Ex Machina' Trailer Proves It's 2015's Coolest Sci-Fi Movie (VIDEO)