Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Danica McKellar joins 2016 Miss America competition as judge
- Hulk Hogan: I'm not a racist
- Chrissie Hynde slammed for saying some rape victims 'have to take responsibility'
- Fox Searchlight Hires Anikah McLaren as Senior VP of Production
- 'The Flash' Casts Voice of Season 2 Villain Zoom
- 'Scream' Co-Showrunner Reacts to Wes Craven's Passing: "I'm Ticked Off at the World"
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Bill Murray Reveals Why He Took a 'Ghostbusters' Cameo
- President Obama Will Go 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls' in Alaska
- 9 Celebs We Want to See on 'Dancing With the Stars'