Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alleged hacked McKayla Maroney pics banned from Reddit; site says she would be underage in them
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- TBS Cancels Cee Lo Green's 'The Good Life'
- Syfy Taps Mike Cahill to Direct 'The Magicians' (Exclusive)
- 'The Goldbergs' Books Rob Huebel, Paul Sorvino for Season 2 (Exclusive)
- Never Fear, 'Game of Thrones' Fans: You'll See Cersei Naked After All
- Here Are the 10 Best 'Star Wars' Fights Ever (VIDEO)
- Idris Elba Threatens a Baby in This 'No Good Deed' Exclusive Clip