Andrew McCarthy Held at Gunpoint in Ethiopia
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 8th 2010 11:02AM
According to PEOPLE, the actor, who found himself without his paperwork while visiting the historic Lalibela church in Ethiopia's Amhara Region, was confronted by an armed guard. "His gun [was] pointed at my back," McCarthy writes. "I thought his reaction to my offense was extreme; I tried to say as much. He grunted something in Amharic and prodded me with the tip of his rifle."
After being escorted from the church, McCarthy was helped to safety by residents of the town.
Despite the alarming incident, the actor maintained his sense of humor, saying it was "just the kind of thing that happens when you show up alone in a distant country without a plan."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Bill Cosby's lawyer issues statement on rape allegations
- Bill Cosby's Florida standup performance greeted with standing ovation
- CW Reality Chief Kristen Connolly Vadas Exits (Exclusive)
- Bill Cosby Finds Protesters and Supporters at Florida Stand-Up Show
- Why Queen Latifah's Reign in Syndication Is Ending
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Family Review: 5 Things Every Parent Should Know
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Snags Brenton Thwaites, Possibly Javier Bardem
- Meryl Streep Slays 'Stay With Me' in 'Into the Woods' (VIDEO)