Doritos Sizzles, Tim Tebow Fizzles
By Sam Brand Posted Feb 8th 2010 12:28PM
USA Today's Ad Meter says Snickers' Betty White commercial was tops last night. We're not so sure, and neither are those of you hitting up Google for the big game's best ads. This is What You're Searching for Today...
Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad – Did the "controversial" 30-second spot leave you disappointed? Did you miss it altogether while microwaving nachos during the commercial break? If so, we don't blame you. The internet was ready to pounce on Focus on the Family's pro-life commercials. But then the ads kinda just popped up (one shortly before the game, another during the first half) and fizzled away. No mention of "abortion," or even "pro-life" – though Timmy is called a "miracle baby" by his mum. The ad's closing directs you to Focus on the Family's homepage, where you can get the full, and considerably more religious, story of the golden boy's birth.
Super Bowl Doritos Commercial – Frito-Lay aired four user-generated Doritos ads during the Super Bowl. If you're like the rest of America, then you're probably trying to hunt down "House Rules," which according to TiVo, was the most-watched ad during this year's game. It was also the most tweeted commercial, according to Squawq. TiVo ranked Snickers' "Betty White" ad second, Focus on the Family's ad third, and Doritos' "Snack Attack" took fourth. But USA Today's Ad Meter ranks "Underdog" tops among Doritos spots and second overall behind the Snickers ad. Count Doritos among Sunday's big winners among the Saints, CBS and Snickers.
E-Trade Super Bowl Commercial – Perhaps no company has benefited more from advertising during the Super Bowl than E-Trade. The online brokerage firm debuted its trademark talking baby in 2008. Last year, the tyke's friends joined in the fun. And this year, talking baby's girlfriend jumps in the picture. This campaign may never get old.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner Set to Appear As Woman on Vanity Fair Cover: Details
- Bruce Jenner, Kylie Jenner Bond on Keeping Up With the Kardashians Midseason Finale: Watch a Clip!
- Ethan Embry: Kissing Jennifer Love Hewitt in Can't Hardly Wait Was "Uncomfortable," She Gave Me a "Big Basket of Breath Mints!"
- Pete Townshend opens up about past alcohol abuse
- Bruce Jenner will be on the cover of July's Vanity Fair magazine
- Judge delays case after 'Suge' Knight hires Jackson lawyer
- Put Down That Thong, Girl: Granny Panties Are (Apparently) Coming Back in Style
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Shows Off the British Accent He Picked Up From England's Version of Jersey Shore: Watch Now!
- Trista Sutter Reminds Us That the Bachelor Franchise Does Result in Lasting Love...Sometimes!