Doritos Sizzles, Tim Tebow Fizzles
By Sam Brand Posted Feb 8th 2010 12:28PM
USA Today's Ad Meter says Snickers' Betty White commercial was tops last night. We're not so sure, and neither are those of you hitting up Google for the big game's best ads. This is What You're Searching for Today...
Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad – Did the "controversial" 30-second spot leave you disappointed? Did you miss it altogether while microwaving nachos during the commercial break? If so, we don't blame you. The internet was ready to pounce on Focus on the Family's pro-life commercials. But then the ads kinda just popped up (one shortly before the game, another during the first half) and fizzled away. No mention of "abortion," or even "pro-life" – though Timmy is called a "miracle baby" by his mum. The ad's closing directs you to Focus on the Family's homepage, where you can get the full, and considerably more religious, story of the golden boy's birth.
Super Bowl Doritos Commercial – Frito-Lay aired four user-generated Doritos ads during the Super Bowl. If you're like the rest of America, then you're probably trying to hunt down "House Rules," which according to TiVo, was the most-watched ad during this year's game. It was also the most tweeted commercial, according to Squawq. TiVo ranked Snickers' "Betty White" ad second, Focus on the Family's ad third, and Doritos' "Snack Attack" took fourth. But USA Today's Ad Meter ranks "Underdog" tops among Doritos spots and second overall behind the Snickers ad. Count Doritos among Sunday's big winners among the Saints, CBS and Snickers.
E-Trade Super Bowl Commercial – Perhaps no company has benefited more from advertising during the Super Bowl than E-Trade. The online brokerage firm debuted its trademark talking baby in 2008. Last year, the tyke's friends joined in the fun. And this year, talking baby's girlfriend jumps in the picture. This campaign may never get old.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Leaves Little to the Imagination in Skintight Red Skirt, Grey Bodysuit for a Trip to the Office, Because Why Not?
- Tori Spelling Hospitalized For Possible Pneumonia, Reportedly Undergoes Ebola-Like Quarantine
- It Was A Kardashian Day Out! Kris, Kourtney And Kim Take Their Kids To The Pumpkin Patch For Hayrides And More!
- ?Happy Couple' Ricki Lake & Christian Evans Are Divorcing Amicably ? How Their Love ?Fell Apart’
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Pro wrestlers come and gone
- Marla Sokoloff Pregnant! Actress Expecting Baby No. 2 With Husband Alec Puro
- John Oliver's All-Dog Supreme Court Is So Much More Watchable Than the Regular Supreme Court—and That's the Point
- Kate Beckinsale Sports Blond Hairstyle On the Set of The Disappointments Room—See the Pic!