Doritos Sizzles, Tim Tebow Fizzles
By Sam Brand Posted Feb 8th 2010 12:28PM
USA Today's Ad Meter says Snickers' Betty White commercial was tops last night. We're not so sure, and neither are those of you hitting up Google for the big game's best ads. This is What You're Searching for Today...
Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad – Did the "controversial" 30-second spot leave you disappointed? Did you miss it altogether while microwaving nachos during the commercial break? If so, we don't blame you. The internet was ready to pounce on Focus on the Family's pro-life commercials. But then the ads kinda just popped up (one shortly before the game, another during the first half) and fizzled away. No mention of "abortion," or even "pro-life" – though Timmy is called a "miracle baby" by his mum. The ad's closing directs you to Focus on the Family's homepage, where you can get the full, and considerably more religious, story of the golden boy's birth.
Super Bowl Doritos Commercial – Frito-Lay aired four user-generated Doritos ads during the Super Bowl. If you're like the rest of America, then you're probably trying to hunt down "House Rules," which according to TiVo, was the most-watched ad during this year's game. It was also the most tweeted commercial, according to Squawq. TiVo ranked Snickers' "Betty White" ad second, Focus on the Family's ad third, and Doritos' "Snack Attack" took fourth. But USA Today's Ad Meter ranks "Underdog" tops among Doritos spots and second overall behind the Snickers ad. Count Doritos among Sunday's big winners among the Saints, CBS and Snickers.
E-Trade Super Bowl Commercial – Perhaps no company has benefited more from advertising during the Super Bowl than E-Trade. The online brokerage firm debuted its trademark talking baby in 2008. Last year, the tyke's friends joined in the fun. And this year, talking baby's girlfriend jumps in the picture. This campaign may never get old.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vanessa Hudgens Shows off her Skinny Figure, Flashes Abs in 2014 Young Hollywood Awards Outfit
- Liam Payne Shares Naked, Pixilated, Full Frontal Snap, Sends One Direction Fans into Frenzy with Cheeky Prank
- Scheana Marie Marries Michael Shay: Details on the Vanderpump Rules Star's Wedding
- Burn! Beyonce Skipped Kimye Wedding Because She ?Wasn't Going To Allow A Kardashian To Socially Climb Her,' Claims New Repor
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!