Ali Walks Out on 'Bachelor,' but Was It Planned?
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 9th 2010 09:00AM
After a heart-to-heart with Jake, during which he wouldn't promise her she'd be the one to receive the final rose, Ali ultimately decided to choose her job and leave the competition, sending shock waves through the audience.
But was this drama created? PopEater thinks so.
"I have like the most impossible decision to make right now," she told Pavelka at first. "I just found out that I have to choose between staying here and going back to work."
"I can't believe that I have to make this decision, I haven't made up my mind. The reason I'm here, coming to you right now, is because I wanted to let you know, and I'll need you to help me," Ali pleaded.
"So what are you asking?" Jake responded. "We have something really special."
"I can't right now guarantee you that I'm going to put a ring on your finger, but I can't look you in the eye and tell you that I'm not going to," he added.
But we wonder -- if she signed up for 'The Bachelor,' she presumably had to tell her employer. They knew what she was getting into. Why would they pull her off the show six weeks into it?
The host of the show, Chris Harrison, also sat down with Pavelka to discuss the situation before the rose ceremony.
Harrison emphasized what it would mean if Ali chose Jake over her job, and he was a little overzealous and serious for our liking.
"Let's say she does decided to stay, which means she's quitting her job for you. What does it mean to you, but, also, what kind of pressure does that now put on the two of you?" Harrison asked Pavelka. "Down the road, could you look her in the eye and say, 'You know what? Thanks for quitting your job, but you're not the one.' Think of that situation."
Furthermore, during the rose ceremony where Ali has to make her final decision, it looked like she mouths "now" before asking to talk to Harrison, as if waiting for her cue from the producers.
Then, another talk with Jake occurred, with more made-for-reality-television sobbing.
In the previews for next week, it appears as if Ali wants back on the show. Which leads us to believe this "I have to choose my job or you" obstacle was created.
In his blog about the episode for EW.com, Harrison writes, "Nobody really knew how to act or what to do in that moment, but I like it when it's raw and awkward like that. Life isn't always a pretty, polished Hollywood scene is it?"
Oh, Chris, we beg to differ. It sounds like you're protesting too much.
Pavelka's words for his PEOPLE blog also strike a wrong chord. "When she told me she was leaving, my heart stopped. I wish I could've had Mike Tyson punch me square in the jaw, because it would have felt so much better than what I feeling as I watched AliCat drive away that night."
Once he's finished lamenting about Ali's departure, though, he ends on a much happier note: "What could I do? I had to regain my composure and focus on the amazing women I had left; three women that I have fallen in love with. Leaving the country felt like a clean slate. Next week we are in Saint Lucia! EVERYTHING changes. This is where the real emotions start to run wild. Relationships are solidified and become unstoppable."
The whole thing just seems a little fishy.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Jeff Bridges shows his love at the"Late Show With David Letterman" in New York City.
Dario Cantatore, Getty Images
Dario Cantatore, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton Makes First Appearance Since Suffering From Morning Sickness; Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump and Cleavage: Top 5 Stories
- Uma Thurman's 16-Year-Old Daughter Maya Looks Almost Identical to Her -- See the Mini-Me Picture!
- A Man in Chicago Told President Obama to Not Flirt With His Fiancee and It Was Amazing -- Watch Here
- It Begins?Again! Prosecutors Open Jodi Arias' Death Penalty Trial With Gruesome Photo
- Off The Wagon? Kyle Richards ?Even More Concerned' About Sister Kim's Sobriety ? Confrontation Caught On Camera!
- Cheating, Drugs & Violence! Anjelica Huston Claims Ryan O'Neal Beat Her —‘I Saw Stars & Reeled Back’
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- New Mom Scarlett Johansson Makes Barbara Walters' List of 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014—See Who Else Made the Cut!
- Selena Gomez and Orlando Bloom Spotted Together at the Airport—Find Out Where They Went!
- Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake "Satisfied" After Tabloid Apologizes for False Report About J.T. Flirting in Paris