Angelina Jolie Is Heading to Haiti
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Feb 9th 2010 07:52AM
The Hollywood star spoke with hospitalized Haitian survivors in the neighboring Dominican Republic on Monday.
Dario Manon is a spokesman for the Dario Contrera Hospital in the capital of Santo Domingo, where dozens of survivors of the Jan. 12 earthquake in neighboring Haiti are receiving medical help.
Manon says Jolie toured the hospital Monday and spoke with several patients. He told reporters: "She spoke with several children and a Haitian woman who recognized her and requested help."
Jolie has previously visited Iraq, Thailand, Pakistan and other countries with UNHCR.
Angelina Jolie Snapshots
In this photo released by the Dominican Republic Presidency, U.S. actress Angelina Jolie, left, shakes hands with Dominican Republic's President Leonel Fernandez during her visit to the national palace in Santo Domingo, Monday, Feb. 8, 2010. Jolie previously visited a hospital in the Dominican capital, where women and children that survived Haiti's Jan. 12 earthquake are being treated. In background, a painting depicting Juan Pablo Duarte, founder of Dominican Republic. (AP Photo/Miguel Angel Pantaleon, Dominican Republic Presidency)
Dominican Republic Presidency
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ringo Starr inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Bobby Flay reportedly had an affair that ruined his marriage to Stephanie March
- 'Star Wars' design team teases themes, inspirations behind 'The Force Awakens'
- Box Office: 'Furious 7' No. 1; 'Paul Blart' Sequel Solid No. 2 With $24M
- 'Conan' Writer Slams Late-Night Competition: "Shove Your Lip-Syncing Up Your Ass"
- Jon Stewart on 'Daily Show' Departure: I Didn't Want to Cover 2016 Election
- Which 'Game of Thrones' Character Do You Most Wish Was Still Alive?
- 'Friends' Quiz: Which Character Said the Quote?
- How Well Do You Really Know 'Almost Famous'?