Angelina Jolie Is Heading to Haiti
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Feb 9th 2010 07:52AM
The Hollywood star spoke with hospitalized Haitian survivors in the neighboring Dominican Republic on Monday.
Dario Manon is a spokesman for the Dario Contrera Hospital in the capital of Santo Domingo, where dozens of survivors of the Jan. 12 earthquake in neighboring Haiti are receiving medical help.
Manon says Jolie toured the hospital Monday and spoke with several patients. He told reporters: "She spoke with several children and a Haitian woman who recognized her and requested help."
Jolie has previously visited Iraq, Thailand, Pakistan and other countries with UNHCR.
Angelina Jolie Snapshots
In this photo released by the Dominican Republic Presidency, U.S. actress Angelina Jolie, left, shakes hands with Dominican Republic's President Leonel Fernandez during her visit to the national palace in Santo Domingo, Monday, Feb. 8, 2010. Jolie previously visited a hospital in the Dominican capital, where women and children that survived Haiti's Jan. 12 earthquake are being treated. In background, a painting depicting Juan Pablo Duarte, founder of Dominican Republic. (AP Photo/Miguel Angel Pantaleon, Dominican Republic Presidency)
Dominican Republic Presidency
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fit model mom Sarah Stage ignores the haters
- Jennifer Aniston wears nothing but a towel for new film
- Nicki Minaj feuding with Tara Reid too?
- FilmRise Acquires Select U.S. Rights to 'Steve McQueen: The Man & Le Mans' Documentary (Exclusive)
- 'The Danish Girl' Trailer: "I Believe That I am a Woman"
- Donald Trump and Kanye West Are Similar Presidential Candidates, Says Jimmy Kimmel
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 18 Stars You Won't Believe Did 'Drunk History'
- Best of Late Night TV: Kimmel's Death Threats From Angry Gamers, Gov. Christie's Brief Lip Sync Battle
- Bill Murray Reveals Why He Took a 'Ghostbusters' Cameo