Barbra Streisand Turns Down Massive Vegas Payday
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 9th 2010 07:53AM
Barbra Turns Down $100 Million
Las Vegas sources tell me that Barbra Streisand has turned down what would have been one of the biggest deals in showbiz history -- over $100 million to perform for three years on the Vegas strip.
"After Celine Dion left Vegas, no one has been able to replace her. Bette Milder failed, Cher is trying, only Barbra is guaranteed to succeed," an insider tells me. "She's an international star and the only performer in the world that would make people flock to Vegas year after year."
Still, sources tell me the superstar has decided to pass on the mind-blowing deal.
"Money has never been a deciding factor in her career. She plans on touring again this summer instead," said a friend.
A loss for Vegas-bound Streisand fans ... but a win for Cirque Du Soleil and other competing shows on the Strip!
Oprah's Pal Replacing Martha
With Martha Stewart moving her delicious daytime talk show to the Hallmark channel (and I just thought they made cards!), the domestic diva's slot will be filled by Nate Berkus -- Oprah's male BFF.
"Nate is a great replacement for Martha, he's the 2010 version her," one TV insider told me. "Nate is the handsome gay guy next-door neighbor who knows how to make your home look beautiful, rather than Martha, whose formal style turned off many viewers."
And with Oprah producing Nate's new show, how can it fail? Our girl Oprah knows a thing or two about TV.
ABBA Penning New Tunes for 'Mamma Mia' Sequel
Dancing queens everywhere, dust off your satin disco bodysuits and get ready to hit the local movie theater once again. A sequel to the hugely successful $600,000,000-grossing movie 'Mamma Mia' is in the works with sources telling me new songs penned by the legendary ABBA songwriting team.
"The first movie was such a hit that Meryl Streep and most of the original cast have already signed on to make part 2. However, the problem is the score," one producer told me. "Most of the great ABBA hits have already been used in the first film, so the great songwriting team looks like its going to get together to write more fantastic tunes."
I, for one, can't wait. Now if only someone could convince the group to get together one more time to perform them!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Carrie Underwood welcomes first child with husband Mike Fisher
- Jon Stewart kicks WWE's Seth Rollins where it hurts
- Brown family reportedly filming reality show amid Bobbi Kristina tragedy
- Extra Scoop: 'Bachelor' Tell-All Explodes in Meowtastic Cat Fights
- Is Bobbi Kristina Crisis the Subject of New Family Reality Show?
- Bobbi Kristina Crisis: Nick Gordon's New Plea to Bobby Brown
- Kourtney Kardashian Takes Us Inside Her Incredible Closet While Waist Training: See Her Fit Post-Baby Body
- Mila Kunis Owns Natural Beauty Look, Dresses Skinny Post-Baby Body in Black Outfit: See the Photos!
- Naya Rivera, Husband Ryan Dorsey Step Out After Pregnancy News: Photo