Celine Dion Opens Up About Miscarriage on 'Oprah'
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 10th 2010 06:42PM
Celine Dion is openly discussing her recent miscarriage for the first time, telling Oprah Winfrey during a taping of her show that while the incident was sad, she and her husband Rene are hoping the fifth time is the charm. "We tried four times to have a child. We're still trying. We're on the fifth try. And I tell you, if five is my lucky number, this fifth try has got to come in," Dion said. Watch the Video Below:
During the taping, Dion discussed everything about her tour, life and movie, but it was the discussion about her miscarriage that shed light on a subject she hadn't really explained before.
Dion announced she was pregnant in August of 2009. As the details of the pregnancy came out, we learned that Dion was impregnated using an embryo she had frozen eight years before, in 2001, when she and husband Rene were trying to have a child. They eventually were successful, and gave birth to son Rene-Charles.
Sadly, though, Dion miscarried her most recent pregnancy.
"It's life. You know? A lot of people go through this, but it's not being told because it's not in newspaper. But with us, as you know, it's like, sometimes news are like mercury," she told Winfrey.
Dion says she didn't come out right away with the miscarriage news because the initial reports of her pregnancy were still fresh, and she didn't want to make such an announcement so fast.
"They said that I was pregnant, and a couple of days after, we were not pregnant again. We didn't want to feel like we were playing yo-yo. 'I'm pregnant. I'm not pregnant. I'm pregnant. I'm not pregnant.' So we didn't want to do this thing. But we did have a miscarriage," she said.
Despite the miscarriage, Dion says that she and her husband are "still trying" for another baby. And while she would be thrilled to get pregnant again and have it be successful, Dion says she's happy and blessed no matter what.
"I will be the happiest one to tell you when I'm pregnant. And if not, I'm the luckiest artist, especially wife and mother of a wonderful son. So I'm glad," she said.
MORE ABOUT Céline Dion
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Céline Dion Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ted Nugent concert canceled at Native American casino
- J.J. Abrams reveals X-Wing in ?Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Jessica Simpson talks babies: Will she have another one?
- ?The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All': ?I had no idea you guys were kissing her so fast!'
- A serious attempt to understand Blake Lively's Goop-like website
- Dwayne Johnson maybe just revealed that he's playing a ?Justice League' superhero
- Go Behind the Scenes of 'Divergent's' Epic Ferris Wheel Scene with Shailene Woodley
- Extra Scoop: Robert Downey Jr. Is Hollywood's Highest-Paid Actor
- Vin Diesel Says It Was ?Surreal' Working with Paul Walker's Brothers on ?Fast & Furious 7'
- Jessica Alba Reveals her Secret To a Happy Family Life: Having Girls' Nights Out to Complain About your Husband
- Kim Kardashian App Takes Over Environmental Protection Agency's Twitter Account, EPA Becomes a "C-List Celebrity"
- Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed are Dating; Kim Kardashian Doesn't Have "Sympathy" For Younger Brother Rob Kardashian: Top 5 Monday Stories