Celine Dion Opens Up About Miscarriage on 'Oprah'
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 10th 2010 06:42PM
Celine Dion is openly discussing her recent miscarriage for the first time, telling Oprah Winfrey during a taping of her show that while the incident was sad, she and her husband Rene are hoping the fifth time is the charm. "We tried four times to have a child. We're still trying. We're on the fifth try. And I tell you, if five is my lucky number, this fifth try has got to come in," Dion said. Watch the Video Below:
During the taping, Dion discussed everything about her tour, life and movie, but it was the discussion about her miscarriage that shed light on a subject she hadn't really explained before.
Dion announced she was pregnant in August of 2009. As the details of the pregnancy came out, we learned that Dion was impregnated using an embryo she had frozen eight years before, in 2001, when she and husband Rene were trying to have a child. They eventually were successful, and gave birth to son Rene-Charles.
Sadly, though, Dion miscarried her most recent pregnancy.
"It's life. You know? A lot of people go through this, but it's not being told because it's not in newspaper. But with us, as you know, it's like, sometimes news are like mercury," she told Winfrey.
Dion says she didn't come out right away with the miscarriage news because the initial reports of her pregnancy were still fresh, and she didn't want to make such an announcement so fast.
"They said that I was pregnant, and a couple of days after, we were not pregnant again. We didn't want to feel like we were playing yo-yo. 'I'm pregnant. I'm not pregnant. I'm pregnant. I'm not pregnant.' So we didn't want to do this thing. But we did have a miscarriage," she said.
Despite the miscarriage, Dion says that she and her husband are "still trying" for another baby. And while she would be thrilled to get pregnant again and have it be successful, Dion says she's happy and blessed no matter what.
"I will be the happiest one to tell you when I'm pregnant. And if not, I'm the luckiest artist, especially wife and mother of a wonderful son. So I'm glad," she said.
MORE ABOUT Céline Dion
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Céline Dion Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Sheila MacRae from 1960s re-creation of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- ?Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments ? VIDEO
- ?Episodes' star Chris Diamantopoulos reveals his first celeb crush, makes you want to listen to Roxette ? VIDEO
- Captain America exhibit opens at Disneyland: On the Scene
- Back On? Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Spotted Together in Texas
- Meet the Hot Guys of ?Divergent'
- 'Hunger Games' Star Willow Shields Talks 'Mockingjay,' Working with Jennifer Lawrence
- Robin Thicke Steps Out Smiling Without His Wedding Ring in NYC: Picture
- Harry Shum Jr. Is Engaged! Glee Star Proposed to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara in Hawaii
- Jessica Simpson Shares Slim Selfie, Jared Leto Wonders If J. Law's Oscars Falls Are "a Bit of an Act": Top 5 Stories