Facebook Group Pushes for Betty White to Host 'SNL'
By John Mitchell Posted Feb 10th 2010 12:45PM
There is, however, one thing the TV legend hasn't done, and some of her biggest fans are ready to take action. In what may come as a suprise to many, Betty White has never hosted 'Saturday Night Live.'
But that could change if a devoted group of Facebook fans get their way. They've started a group called "Betty White to Host SNL (please?)!" And they've already recruited over 129,000 people to the cause.
In a letter to 'SNL' creator Lorne Michaels, David Matthews, the page's creator, said "What would it take to get you to invite Betty White to be a guest host on 'SNL'? She is brilliant, funny, witty and a comedic genius and legend. I have little doubt that it would be a ratings hit."
Neither do we. Who wouldn't be interested in seeing one of TV's all-time-greatest funny ladies take on a comedy institution like 'SNL'?
The 88-year-old star has been on a career high recently, appearing in the hit film 'The Proposal' opposite Sandra Bullock, who presented White with the Life Achievement Award from the Screen Actors Guild at last month's start-studded ceremony.
"Isn't it beautiful how far a girl as plain as she is can go?" White joked of Bullock, who recently earned her first Oscar nomination for 'The Blind Side.'
While fans eagerly await word on whether their Facebook ruse works, they can plan on checking out their recently ubiquitous idol this fall when she hits the big screen with Kristen Bell and Sigourney Weaver (who recently hosted 'SNL' herself while promoting 'Avatar') in the comedy 'You Again.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Khloe Kardashian Steps Out in Eye-Catching Ensemble, Mila Kunis Flashes Engagement Ring From Ashton Kutcher: Top Weekend Stories
- Jared Leto, Brother Shannon Leto Give Smoldering Stares in Bold, Printed Shirts: See the Sexy Picture
- Taylor Swift, Lorde Pal Around New York City: See the Goofy Picture
- Hollywood Murder-For-Hire Plot: Text Messages Reveal Skin Specialist To The Stars Bragged About Hiring Ex-NFL Star ?To Take Out' Nemesis, Lying To Cops
- '300' sequel tops box office with $45.1M debut
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Once Upon a Time's Wicked-Awesome Debut, The Good Wife's Hot Hookup and More OMG TV Moments!
- Resurrection Debuts on ABC: Weigh in on the Series Premiere Now
- Dorothy Wang, Morgan Stewart and the Other #RichKids of Beverly Hills Get a Rude Awakening in NYC—See the Full Recap!