Jay Leno and NBC's Primetime Nightmare Is Over
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 10th 2010 06:11AM
"It seems like just yesterday I was telling NBC this was not going to work," the comedian said during his last 'Jay Leno Show' monologue. "This show was supposed to be on for two years ... but we got five months for good behavior."
Guests included Kurt Warner, who threw a few passes and 'Precious' star Gabourey Sibide. Donald Trump stopped by via satellite to, you know, fire him. But comic relief was provided by Ashton Kutcher, who revealed the whole experiment was actually one of his elaborate stunts for 'Punk'd!'
"Six years ago, I sat in an office at NBC -- unfortunately, we forgot to roll the cameras and so I don't have any of the tape, but I thought I'd come out and do the reveal," Kutcher explained.
"You did a hell of a job," Leno played along. "I'm glad it's over."
During his last show, Leno didn't talk about his his move back to 'Tonight' following the Olympics. He also hasn't made clear if they'll stay on the same set. The large "10" inlaid on the stage may have to be pried off.
In the end, Leno made no goodbyes to his earlier audience, but he did urge viewers to stay tuned for the local news.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Likes Watching Will Smith's Love Scenes With Margot Robbie
- Madonna Suffered Whiplash During Scary Brit Awards Fall: "I Actually Created a Horror Show"
- The Dress: Kim Kardashian Sees White and Gold, While Kanye West Sees Black and Blue!
- Rumer Willis: Demi Moore, Bruce Willis are ?really excited' to see me on ?DWTS'
- Scarlett Johansson: John Travolta is not 'creepy,' Oscars kiss was 'totally welcome'
- Woman asks about dress color, Internet loses collective mind