The Lady Gaga and Alexander McQueen Connection
By Amber James Posted Feb 11th 2010 03:02PM
McQueen's recent death, will it change the face and allure of Gaga's outrageous fashion?Lady Gaga officially unveiled her 'Bad Romance' single at Alexander McQueen's Spring/Summer 2010 runway show during Paris Fashion Week. Although Gaga wasn't in attendance, her presence was certainly felt as her hit song streamed over the speakers during the encore of all the looks that McQueen had showed off. The show generated so much interest that it crashed ShowStudio's servers.
Following the fashion show, the duo teamed up and debuted a lot of his runway looks in her 'Bad Romance' music video. Wearing McQueen from head to toe, Gaga brought high fashion to an industry run by pop princesses. Everything from her opening number gold jacket and razor glasses to the 10-inch skeleton inspired pumps and the now-famous Armadillo heels were all McQueen originals.
The 'Pokerface' singer has been nothing short of a walking McQueen ad, showing up to events and concerts dressed in his one-of-a-kind designs. In September, she accepted the award for Best New Artist during the 2009 MTV VMAs dressed in a red lace see-through outfit designed by McQueen.
In recent months, McQueen's publicist even called Gaga "an unofficial muse." That's quite a compliment in the fashion world. And although McQueen's designs were out-of-the-box, Gaga rocked every eccentric look with confidence and style.
Lady Gaga Photos
Lady Gaga walks the red carpet at amfAR Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street on February 10 in New York. More Lady Gaga photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- Experts explain release of Justin Bieber's jail footage
- ?Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments ? VIDEO
- ?Episodes' star Chris Diamantopoulos reveals his first celeb crush, makes you want to listen to Roxette ? VIDEO
- Captain America exhibit opens at Disneyland: On the Scene
- Back On? Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Spotted Together in Texas
- Meet the Hot Guys of ?Divergent'
- 'Hunger Games' Star Willow Shields Talks 'Mockingjay,' Working with Jennifer Lawrence