Love Is in the Air as Celebs Recall Their First Dates
By Amber James Posted Feb 14th 2010 09:00AM
- Paris Hilton played hard to get during her first romantic date with Doug Reinhardt but knew it was love at first sight, she tells PopEater. "My first date with Doug was very low key. We wanted to get to know each other first before the media got involved and before they could make up stories, so we made it private. He came to my house and brought me sushi from one of my favorite sushi spots, Nobu. It was very romantic and sweet. I was playing hard to get so it was very innocent, and we didn't do a first date kiss. It was a very special night. We were both very shy and felt like teenagers with huge crushes on each other. We both knew it was love at first sight and have been together ever since. He's not just my boyfriend, he's also my best friend. I feel so blessed to have found true love." Hilton also dished that the couple are spending Valentine's Day in Rio de Janeiro for the Carnival.
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' first date was reportedly on his plane for a sushi dinner. Cruise later told NY Times Magazine, it was love at first sight. "I knew I wanted to marry Kate when I met her," Cruise said. "After our very first date, I was sure. At one point, I thought she was going to ask me to marry her first and I cut her off by changing the subject. I wanted to ask her."
- Jessica Alba revealed she was smitten with Cash Warren from the beginning. "The first day I spent with my husband, we were just friends. We went on a bike ride. I just came up with anything, so we could spend time together. I was like, 'Want to go get some licorice at the 7/11?'" Alba recalls (via MSN UK.)
- Heidi Klum, who is never shy about revealing personal details, told PopTarts about her naughty first date with Seal. "We went somewhere very nice for dinner. It was very good, but I can't tell you exactly what we did," she said. "It would be too naughty and you can't run it anyway. It would just be bloop bleep bloop bloop bleep. But it was a very good first date."
- Ashton Kutcher told The Insider that during his first date with Demi Moore, he asked if she liked to watch sports. "Yeah," she said. "In what order?" he demanded. "Football, basketball and baseball," she replied. Well, that was the right answer and "a huge point" in her favor, Kutcher said.
- Mark Wahlberg and his wife Rhea Durham actually went to church for their first date. "We met through a mutual friend in New York. I asked if she wanted to hang out the next day and she did, so I said, 'Well, come to church with me.' She was raised a Christian, not a Catholic like me. She did come – and now she's converted," he told Celebrity Baby Scoop.
- Reggie Bush didn't win Kim Kardashian's heart with a swanky first date. Instead, he kept it low-key and took her to fast food chain Chipotle. "We went to Chipotle and the car wash," Kardashian told Fox News. "I picked him up from the car wash and then we ate at Chipotle. Very sexy." The reality star admits she wasn't totally impressed the first time she met him. "My first impression of Reggie was, 'This guy is so quiet. Why is he not taking my number?'" Kim said.
Lookalike Celebrity Couples
Who says opposites attract? Some hot Hollywood couples' looks seem very similar and compliment each others' styles. See who made the list of lookalike couples >>
David Livingston, Getty Images
David Livingston, Getty Images
Celebrity Lookalike Couples
MORE ABOUT Katie Holmes
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katie Holmes Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- ?Supernatural' recap: Killing things that need killing
- ?Agents of SHIELD' react: A little night music
- ?Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist