Kevin Smith Kicked Off Southwest Flight for Being Too Fat
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 14th 2010 09:22AM
The director was thrown off a flight from Oakland to Burbank, after being deemed too fat to fly. He would later end up on another Southwest flight and now he's expressing his anger on Twitter.
"Dear @SouthwestAir - I know I'm fat, but was Captain Leysath really justified in throwing me off a flight for which I was already seated?" her began.
"Dear @SouthwestAir, I flew out in one seat, but right after issuing me a standby ticket, Oakland Southwest attendant Suzanne (wouldn't give last name) told me Captain Leysath deemed me a "safety risk". Again: I'm way fat... But I'm not THERE just yet. But if I am, why wait til my bag is up, and I'm seated WITH ARM RESTS DOWN. In front of a packed plane with a bunch of folks who'd already I.d.ed me as 'Silent Bob,'" Smith continued in a succession of several tweets.
Smith even posted a photo of himself on the plane.
Then he got a little angrier. "So, @SouthwestAir, go f--- yourself. I broke no regulation, offered no "safety risk" (what, was I gonna roll on a fellow passenger?). I was wrongly ejected from the flight (even Suzanne eventually agreed). And f--- your apologetic $100 voucher, @SouthwestAir. Thank God I don't embarrass easily (bless you, JERSEY GIRL training). But I don't sulk off either: so everyday, some new f----you Tweets for @SouthwestAir."
Southwest issued a response on Twitter. "I've read the tweets all night from @thatkevinsmith - He'll be getting a call at home from our Customer Relations VP tonight."
"@ThatKevinSmith Again, I'm very sorry for the experience you had tonight. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do," the Southwest twitterer added.
But Smith didn't stop. "The @SouthwestAir Diet. How it works: you're publicly shamed into a slimmer figure. Crying the weight right off has never been easier!"
And he wanted to let the airline know he had made it to his destination. "Hey @SouthwestAir! I've landed in Burbank. Don't worry: wall of the plane was opened & I was airlifted out while Richard Simmons supervised."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Cosby's wife Camille subject of compassion, anger regarding husband's sex abuse scandal
- First Bill Cosby stand-up gig canceled
- Review: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1' is only half awesome
- Watch New "Celebrity Mean Tweets" With Britney Spears, Gwyneth Paltrow and Scott Foley
- In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' and More
- Imax Adds Jackie Chan's 'Dragon Blade,' John Woo's 'The Crossing' to China Release Slate
- Mark Ruffalo, Stephen Merchant play ?Musical Beers' on ?Tonight'
- Entertainment Geekly: Is ?Mockingjay ? Part 1? really a movie?
- Eddie Redmayne Facts: 23 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Theory of Everything' Star
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Review: A Dull, Dark Exercise
- The 25 Best Christmas Movies Ever Made