Michael Jackson's Kids 'Slowly Coping'
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 15th 2010 08:22AM
One source tells PEOPLE that Prince and Paris have become more confident over the past several months. "It would have been hard to imagine them going out in public or showing up at someone's house hanging out and playing video games before [their father died]," says the source. "That had a lot to do with Michael, because every time he showed up there were bodyguards and [chaos]. And now, not so much. It feels much more normal and they've adjusted really well to that."
"They're doing great, thanks to the love and support they've gotten," Adam Streisand, an attorney for Katherine Jackson said.
Katherine is raising the kids with their former nanny, Grace Rwaramba, who had stopped working for Michael before his death but returned afterward upon Katherine's request. Sources reveal "nothing over-the-top happens" at home and she is trying to have the children live as normal a life as possible. And now when the children go out in public to karate lessons or to the library and church, their faces are no longer concealed. "They like not wearing the masks," the family source says of the trio. "It's a different experience for them."
"Katherine really listens to the kids," says Streisand. "She wants to give them a sense of freedom when she can. She wants to encourage them."
Their father's influence lives on though. "Talking to Prince is like talking to Michael," says the family source. "He's so smart and mature – way beyond his age." Paris, meanwhile, "wants to be a singer."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82
- Extra Scoop: Watch Jason Momoa's Super Intense ?GoT' Audition Tape
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"