Jay-Z Thinks 'We Are the World' Remake Shouldn't Have Happened
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 16th 2010 06:44AM
"I have a interesting take on that," he tells MTV News. "I know everybody is gonna take this wrong: 'We Are the World,' I love it, and I understand the point and think it's great. But I think 'We Are the World' is like [Michael Jackson's] 'Thriller' to me. I don't ever wanna see it touched."
"I'm a fan of music. I know the plight and everything that's going on in Haiti. I applaud the efforts: [Millions have been raised] through text [donations] to Haiti. So I appreciate the efforts and everything, but 'We are the World' is [musically] untouchable like 'Thriller' is untouchable. Some things are just untouchable. It was a valiant effort, but for me, it's gonna be untouchable," the rap mogul added.
'We are the World: 25 for Haiti,' features many A-list musical superstars, including Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Fergie and Jennifer Hudson. The video premiered during the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Valerie Harper out of hospital, resting with family
- Lynn Anderson, singer of 'Rose Garden,' dead at 67
- Is Hilary Swank dating 'Bachelorette' contestant Kasey Stewart?
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Funeral Invite Shows How Tight Guest List Is
- Attention, Men! Here's How You Can Date Charlotte McKinney
- ‘Crime Watch Daily' Host Matt Doran Takes Over Manhattan
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Her Dog's Death: "This Has Been the Most Painful Week of My Life"
- Aubrey O'Day Calls Hank Baskett Out for Silence on Cheating Issue: Watch the Marriage Boot Camp Showdown
- Did Gisele Bundchen Disguise Herself in a Burqa to Get Plastic Surgery? See the Photo