Lady Gaga Sweeps 2010 Brit Awards, Performs Emotional Tribute to Alexander McQueen
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 16th 2010 05:54PM
It was previously reported that Gaga was so upset over the death of McQueen that she almost refused to perform as planned at the Brit Awards. Instead of the large-scale performance she had planned, Gaga moved forward with a stripped-down set that would have her appearing on stage alone in a leotard for an acoustic version of her hits.
Gaga collected awards for best international female artist, best international breakthrough act and best international album for 'The Fame.'
The awards are the British equivalent of the Grammys, with most winners selected by a vote of more than 1,000 industry members.
Rapper Jay-Z also claimed an award, for best international male, during the ceremony at London Earl's Court Arena. Other international nominees had included Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Michael Buble and Shakira.
Lady Gaga Photos
Lady Gaga walks the red carpet at amfAR Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street on February 10 in New York. More Lady Gaga photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sam Smith: Being called far hurts more than anti-gay slurs
- Randy Travis pens touching letter to fans after ACM appearance
- War hero Noah Galloway angry about rehearsal spat shown on 'Dancing With The Stars'
- 'Real Housewives of Orange County' Star Slams Cheating Rumors, Shocked by Divorce
- Bobby Brown Clarifies Conflicting Reports on Bobbi Kristina's Condition
- Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin Move Forward to Finalizing Divorce
- John Stamos Confirms Full House Reunion: Show Coming Back for 13-Episode Netflix Special
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Recap: Rumer Willis, Val Chmerkovskiy Perform a Sexy "Bootylicious"
- Nick Loeb Defends His Lawsuit Against Sofia Vergara: "I Have Always Dreamed of Being a Father"