Lady Gaga Sweeps 2010 Brit Awards, Performs Emotional Tribute to Alexander McQueen
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 16th 2010 05:54PM
It was previously reported that Gaga was so upset over the death of McQueen that she almost refused to perform as planned at the Brit Awards. Instead of the large-scale performance she had planned, Gaga moved forward with a stripped-down set that would have her appearing on stage alone in a leotard for an acoustic version of her hits.
Gaga collected awards for best international female artist, best international breakthrough act and best international album for 'The Fame.'
The awards are the British equivalent of the Grammys, with most winners selected by a vote of more than 1,000 industry members.
Rapper Jay-Z also claimed an award, for best international male, during the ceremony at London Earl's Court Arena. Other international nominees had included Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Michael Buble and Shakira.
Lady Gaga Photos
Lady Gaga walks the red carpet at amfAR Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street on February 10 in New York. More Lady Gaga photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Django Unchained' actress Daniele Watts detained, released by police
- Miss New York crowned Miss America for third year in a row
- Country star Lynn Anderson charged with DUI
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Lauren Conrad Marries William Tell in Intimate Ceremony
- ICYMI: 'Jerry Maguire' Actor Jonathan Lipnicki Stars in Hilarious New Video!
- ?Django Unchained' Actress Detained by Police for ?Showing Affection'
- Beyonce, Jay Z's Bonnie and Clyde Short Film Trilogy Released as Pregnancy Rumors Swirl, Watch Part One
- Miss America 2015 Winner Is Miss New York Kira Kazantsev; Plus the Competition's Top Moments
- Orange Is the New Black Writer Divorces Husband, Dates Samira Wiley; Django Star Daniele Watts Handcuffed After Kissing Husband: Top Stories