Lady Gaga Sweeps 2010 Brit Awards, Performs Emotional Tribute to Alexander McQueen
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 16th 2010 05:54PM
It was previously reported that Gaga was so upset over the death of McQueen that she almost refused to perform as planned at the Brit Awards. Instead of the large-scale performance she had planned, Gaga moved forward with a stripped-down set that would have her appearing on stage alone in a leotard for an acoustic version of her hits.
Gaga collected awards for best international female artist, best international breakthrough act and best international album for 'The Fame.'
The awards are the British equivalent of the Grammys, with most winners selected by a vote of more than 1,000 industry members.
Rapper Jay-Z also claimed an award, for best international male, during the ceremony at London Earl's Court Arena. Other international nominees had included Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Michael Buble and Shakira.
Lady Gaga Photos
Lady Gaga walks the red carpet at amfAR Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street on February 10 in New York. More Lady Gaga photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alleged hacked McKayla Maroney pics banned from Reddit; site says she would be underage in them
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- Justin Bieber Arrested for ?Dangerous Driving' Following ATV Crash
- Britney Spears Says She's Looking for a ?Hot Guy'
- 'Extra' Hot Deals: Watches, Hair Styling Set and More!
- Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Apple Denies iCloud Breach in Statement About Stolen Pictures
- Kim Kardashian Wears Sexy See-Through Skirt, Black Bodysuit With Kanye West: See Her Skintastic Outfit
- Brad Pitt Honored Angelina Jolie's Late Mother, Marcheline Bertrand, at Their Wedding