Lady Gaga Sweeps 2010 Brit Awards, Performs Emotional Tribute to Alexander McQueen
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 16th 2010 05:54PM
It was previously reported that Gaga was so upset over the death of McQueen that she almost refused to perform as planned at the Brit Awards. Instead of the large-scale performance she had planned, Gaga moved forward with a stripped-down set that would have her appearing on stage alone in a leotard for an acoustic version of her hits.
Gaga collected awards for best international female artist, best international breakthrough act and best international album for 'The Fame.'
The awards are the British equivalent of the Grammys, with most winners selected by a vote of more than 1,000 industry members.
Rapper Jay-Z also claimed an award, for best international male, during the ceremony at London Earl's Court Arena. Other international nominees had included Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Michael Buble and Shakira.
Lady Gaga Photos
Lady Gaga walks the red carpet at amfAR Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street on February 10 in New York. More Lady Gaga photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- All-American Summer 2015
- Taylor Swift got clothes for 'Bad Blood' from LA sex shop
- Idina Menzel Talks Upcoming Tour, ?Frozen 2,' and Starting Over
- Move Over James Bond! Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham Go Undercover in 'Spy'
- Brody Jenner Breaks His Silence on Dad Bruce's Transition: 'I Love Him to Death'
- Montel Williams Rips Josh Duggar in Twitter Rant Amidst Molestation Allegations: "Slimebag," "Bigot"
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Officiates Surprise Wedding for Fan Nick Mundy: Photos, Video!
- North West Styles Butterfly Hair Clips, Makes Our '90s Nostalgia Radar Bounce Through the Roof