Nicole Richie and Joel Madden Reveal Their Engagement
By Bryan Alexander Posted Feb 16th 2010 02:03AM
Richie was the first to pop the cork on the news, confirming the news during her Monday taped-appearance on 'The Late Show with David Letterman.'
Shortly after, Good Charlotte front man Madden had his say, taking to his Twitter page to add his own twist on the announcement. He revealed that the two have actually secretly been engaged for some time.
"Yep. I'm engaged. Very happy," Madden wrote. "Yeah we've been engaged for a while so you're all kind of late on that. But thanks for the hooplah all the same."
Taking a knock at the tabloids who have long-speculated over the couple's possible breakups, make-ups and secret weddings, Madden added a note highlighting their discreet inner circle.
"P.S. that's why I love my family and friends. None of them are sources. All good tight lipped people who let us enjoy it! Thanks everybody."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: Watch a Supercut of Stars Getting Slimed!
- Katie Holmes, Suri Cruise Live It Up at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Pics!
- Nick Jonas Gets Drenched in Slime at 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Watch the Video!
- Hugh Jackman reveals he'll play Wolverine one more time
- Disney Live's costume designer dishes on Cinderella's ball gown
- Jason Alexander quit smaller play for Larry David production on Broadway
- Elle Macpherson Is 51 and Still Has a Body for the Ages: All the Details On Her Nutrition and Fitness Routine, Plus Tasty Recipes!
- Angelina Jolie Delivers Inspiring Kids' Choice Awards Speech: "Smile and Hold Your Head Up High"
- Destiny's Child Reunites at the Stellar Gospel Music Awards for Their First Performance Since the Super Bowl