Nicole Richie and Joel Madden Reveal Their Engagement
By Bryan Alexander Posted Feb 16th 2010 02:03AM
Richie was the first to pop the cork on the news, confirming the news during her Monday taped-appearance on 'The Late Show with David Letterman.'
Shortly after, Good Charlotte front man Madden had his say, taking to his Twitter page to add his own twist on the announcement. He revealed that the two have actually secretly been engaged for some time.
"Yep. I'm engaged. Very happy," Madden wrote. "Yeah we've been engaged for a while so you're all kind of late on that. But thanks for the hooplah all the same."
Taking a knock at the tabloids who have long-speculated over the couple's possible breakups, make-ups and secret weddings, Madden added a note highlighting their discreet inner circle.
"P.S. that's why I love my family and friends. None of them are sources. All good tight lipped people who let us enjoy it! Thanks everybody."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rob Dyrdek Pulled Off the Sweetest, Most Elaborate Proposal Ever -- See the Pics and Fiancee Bryiana Noelle Flores' Bling!
- NeNe Leakes Offers Bruce Jenner Support: "Do Your Thing, Be Fabulous!"
- Salma Hayek Gets Emotional Meeting With Syrian Refugees in Lebanon: Photos
- Sophia Bush 'devastated' by ex Dan Fredinburg's death
- Actress Jayne Meadows dies at 95
- Brad Pitt blames face scrape on 'wearing flip flops'