Sarah and Bristol Palin Slam 'Heartless' FOX Sitcom
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 16th 2010 11:55AM
So this is awkward. 'Family Guy' lampooned Sarah Palin's son Trig's Down syndrome during Sunday night's episode. Problem: The cartoon and the former vice presidential nominee both call FOX home.
In the episode, Peter Griffin's teenage son Chris takes Emily, a girl with Down syndrome, on a dinner date. Their interaction is brief, but Emily slips in a blatant Palin reference when asked what her parents do: "My dad's an accountant, and my mom is the former governor of Alaska."
As she is wont to do, Palin took to her Facebook page to respond in a post titled "Fox Hollywood - What a Disappointment." The governor-turned-FOX News star actually turned the reins over to her daughter, Bristol, for the majority of the reaction missive. Bristol called 'Family Guy's' Seth MacFarlane and co. "heartless jerks" in a blistering paragraph:
Sarah Palin called the 'Family Guy' jab "another kick in the gut" (without acknowledging who precisely delivered the previous kick or kicks), adding that Bristol's remarks constitute "a much more restrained and gracious statement than I want to make." More than 7,500 Facebook fans have "liked" the post. The video in question below:"Insults directed at [my] youngest brother hurt too much for us to remain silent. People with special needs face challenges that many of us will never confront, and yet they are some of the kindest and most loving people you'll ever meet. As a culture shouldn't we be willing to say that some things just are not funny? If the writers of a particularly pathetic cartoon show thought they were being clever in mocking my brother and my family yesterday, they failed."
MORE ABOUT Bristol Palin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bristol Palin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ashton Kutcher Talks Being a "Hero" to Baby Wyatt, Parenting With Mila Kunis
- Best Horror Movie Screams: Watch Wails From Jaws, Psycho, Halloween
- Jake Gyllenhaal Gets Soaked in Water War With Jimmy Fallon on Tonight Show: Watch
- Kris Jenner Brings Up Rob's ?Chubby Stage,' Insisting She Tried To Teach Her Kids ?How Beautiful They Are On The Inside'
- Dean McDermott ?Done With Social Media' After Nasty Spat Over Sex Shop Trip With Tori In The Hospital
- UC Berkeley overrides student group, re-invites Bill Maher to speak
- Stars' sneaky skin-showing tricks
- Jennifer Lopez: I felt 'abused' in past relationships