Alexander McQueen Was Found Hanged in His Wardrobe: Coroner
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Feb 17th 2010 07:46AM
Days before his body was discovered by his sister, McQueen had left several messages on Twitter revealing his grief at the death of his mother days earlier. He died on the eve of her funeral.
Coroner's officer Lynda Martindill said the 40-year-old McQueen had died from asphyxiation and hanging. Full details of the autopsy will be available in a few months.
There were no suspicious circumstances in the death, and authorities suspect no malice, police detective inspector Paul Armstrong testified. After a five-minute hearing Wednesday, coroner Paul Knapman adjourned the inquest until April 28. The inquest has yet to formally rule McQueen's death a suicide.
McQueen -- one of British fashion's brightest stars -- had posted messages four days before his death about his "awful week" and said he had to "somehow pull myself together and finish."
Known for his dramatic statement pieces and impeccable tailoring, McQueen dressed celebrities from Cameron Diaz to Lady Gaga and influenced a generation of designers.
At Tuesday's Brit Awards, Lady Gaga paid tribute to her friend. "Thank you to Lee McQueen," Gaga said, referring to the name friends called the designer. Later, she performed wearing a towering white wig and nearly nude lace outfit. "This is for Alexander McQueen," she said.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones? 6 reasons he could be the best or worst choice
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl puppy ad after outrage from animal rescue groups
- Alfred Hitchcock's shelved Holocaust documentary cannot be denied
- Jennifer Lawrence Goes Casual in Boyfriend Jeans, Cheetah Shoes: See the Street Style Photos!
- Kenya Moore Posts Photo of Cease and Desist Letter From RHOA Costar NeNe Leakes
- Michelle Obama Is Not Amused While Meeting New King of Saudi Arabia: Photos