Britney Spears' Candie's Rebirth
By Sam Brand Posted Feb 17th 2010 12:58PM
If you think Britney Spears' best days are behind her, well, you're probably right. But the 28-year-old pop queen still has a lot left in her little high-octane tank. Today, Candie's unveiled a new campaign for its junior line teaming Britney with the hottest fashion photographers in the biz. Mark Seliger, Annie Leibovitz and Terry Richardson lend their trademark styles to the Kohl's exclusive clothing line, and the shots reveal a more marketable and wholesome side of Britney than we've seen in a long, long time.
It's the second year in a row that the tabloid superstar has represented Candie's, and this time it's more classy and more relevant than before.
In the campaign, titled 'Britney Spears Through the Lens,' Spears is featured in a sexually understated set of shots that could only be snapped by the famous names behind them.
Britney tosses her hair to the side against a dramatic gray background in the classy Annie Leibovitz shot. Wearing a tube top and sexy racing-stripe jeans, she leans against a motorcycle in the Mark Seliger snap. And the Terry Richardson shot is typically stark and revealing, with Britney wearing a bikini and heels and holding a pink teddy bear above her head against a very Richardson white background.
"Annie, Mark and Terry are three of the biggest photographers in the world. I am honored to be working with them for my Candie's Only at Kohl's ads," Britney says of the campaign. "It was an amazing shoot, and I know my fans are going to love the cool images."
And we do. It shows, perhaps more than 'Circus' becoming Britney's 5th album to debut at No. 1, more than the accompanying sold-out 'Circus' tour, even more than her everywoman V-day McDonald's drive-through moment, that Britney has confidently left many of her demons in the dust.
She is a role model again, whether tweens' mothers like it or not, and more so than ever, she's a spokesperson for self-respecting twenty-somethings.
Maybe the circus has left town after all.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince William, Kate Middleton Love to Watch Downton Abbey, Says Series Star Allen Leech
- Queen Latifah Admits to "Numbing" Herself With Alcohol After Tragedy
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations for 2014 Announced
- Flirt Alert: President Barack Obama Gets Chilly Looks From Michelle After Exchange With Danish Leader
- FAA grounds Angelina Jolie's plane
- Shirley MacLaine believes her dog came back to life
- That's not me naked!
- Revenge Casting Scoop: NYPD Blue Star to Play Conrad's First Wife With "Secrets That Will Blow You Away"
- Amy Adams on Isla Fisher Look-Alike Comparisons: "I Could Be Mistaken for A Lot Worse People"
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2014: Complete List of Nominations