Britney Spears' Candie's Rebirth
By Sam Brand Posted Feb 17th 2010 12:58PM
If you think Britney Spears' best days are behind her, well, you're probably right. But the 28-year-old pop queen still has a lot left in her little high-octane tank. Today, Candie's unveiled a new campaign for its junior line teaming Britney with the hottest fashion photographers in the biz. Mark Seliger, Annie Leibovitz and Terry Richardson lend their trademark styles to the Kohl's exclusive clothing line, and the shots reveal a more marketable and wholesome side of Britney than we've seen in a long, long time.
It's the second year in a row that the tabloid superstar has represented Candie's, and this time it's more classy and more relevant than before.
In the campaign, titled 'Britney Spears Through the Lens,' Spears is featured in a sexually understated set of shots that could only be snapped by the famous names behind them.
Britney tosses her hair to the side against a dramatic gray background in the classy Annie Leibovitz shot. Wearing a tube top and sexy racing-stripe jeans, she leans against a motorcycle in the Mark Seliger snap. And the Terry Richardson shot is typically stark and revealing, with Britney wearing a bikini and heels and holding a pink teddy bear above her head against a very Richardson white background.
"Annie, Mark and Terry are three of the biggest photographers in the world. I am honored to be working with them for my Candie's Only at Kohl's ads," Britney says of the campaign. "It was an amazing shoot, and I know my fans are going to love the cool images."
And we do. It shows, perhaps more than 'Circus' becoming Britney's 5th album to debut at No. 1, more than the accompanying sold-out 'Circus' tour, even more than her everywoman V-day McDonald's drive-through moment, that Britney has confidently left many of her demons in the dust.
She is a role model again, whether tweens' mothers like it or not, and more so than ever, she's a spokesperson for self-respecting twenty-somethings.
Maybe the circus has left town after all.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton Makes First Appearance Since Suffering From Morning Sickness; Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump and Cleavage: Top 5 Stories
- Uma Thurman's 16-Year-Old Daughter Maya Looks Almost Identical to Her -- See the Mini-Me Picture!
- A Man in Chicago Told President Obama to Not Flirt With His Fiancee and It Was Amazing -- Watch Here
- It Begins?Again! Prosecutors Open Jodi Arias' Death Penalty Trial With Gruesome Photo
- Off The Wagon? Kyle Richards ?Even More Concerned' About Sister Kim's Sobriety ? Confrontation Caught On Camera!
- Cheating, Drugs & Violence! Anjelica Huston Claims Ryan O'Neal Beat Her —‘I Saw Stars & Reeled Back’
- Toys 'R' Us pulling 'Breaking Bad' dolls from stores, website
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Sex Tape Bonus Features: Jason Segel Talks Putting His Junk in Cameron Diaz's Face—Plus, Bloopers! Watch Now!
- Why We're Laugh-Puking at Sons of Anarchy and Why We Love-Hate The Voice: Our Rants and Raves
- New Mom Scarlett Johansson Makes Barbara Walters' List of 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014—See Who Else Made the Cut!