Behind The Scenes: Chris Brown, Victoria Beckham Unite for Naomi Campbell's Fashion for Relief Show
By Amber James Posted Feb 17th 2010 05:40PM
Victoria Beckham, Kelly Osbourne and Campbell to talk about their participation in the sold out event at Bryant Park. Watch what went down behind-the-scenes...
All proceeds from the show go to help build up the health care system in Haiti for suffering mothers and children, Campbell tells PopEater. "I'm grateful to be able to continue raising awareness & funds to benefit the mothers and babies in Haiti... I encourage everyone to please log-on and continue donating towards this urgent cause."
Backstage stylist Rachel Zoe pulled together 92 looks for the evening's event. "When Naomi Campbell calls you and wants you to style a show for her, you do it. You don't think about it," Zoe tells PopEater.
Duchess Sarah Ferguson kicked off the evening and told the audience that "tonight we can save lives in Haiti because of you." As the fashion show kicked into high gear, both celebrities and models shared the catwalk. Brown, Osbourne, Malin Ackerman, Alan Cumming and Estelle put their best foot forward and avoided any runway disasters.
The show's highlight was the final tribute to fashion designer McQueen. As the lights dimmed, a very Lady Gaga inspired Daphne Guiness hit the runway wearing a shimmery body suit. Her face was covered in white gauze. Models started hitting the runway first in one of McQueen's Spring 2010 dresses and then to his memorable fashion from other seasons. All the models, including Naomi Campbell posed at the front of the catwalk before walking back hand-in-hand.
Watch The Event
Sitting in the second row,'American's Next Top Model' stylist Jay Manuel had an emotional reaction to the tribute. "Coming through the back, it was really emotional when I passed the rack of McQueen clothing," he tells PopEater. "I've been wearing McQueen all week in memory of him. I didn't realize it was going to affect me... Coming here and seeing his clothes backstage, it saddened me."
The event also raised money for CARE, a charity focused on rebuilding Haiti's healthcare system for mothers and children. The show, which was made available to the public, sold out in less than four days with tickets ranging from $100 to $150.
All clothing modeled at the show, which included donations by major designers from Dolce&Gabbna to Zac Posen, will be sold on Net-a-porter.com starting March 15. According to the Wall Street Journal, the event raised more than $100,000 in ticket sales for Haiti. Want to help out? Send some love and money over to CARE.
Fashion For Relief
Naomi Campbell walks the runway at Naomi Campbell's Fashion For Relief Haiti NYC 2010 Fashion Show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Tent at Bryant Park on February 12, 2010 in New York City. See more photos from the fashion show. >>
Getty Images for FFR
Getty Images North America
Naomi Campbells Fashion for Relief
- Filed under:
- Good News -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Videos -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Chris Brown
MORE ABOUT Victoria Beckham
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Victoria Beckham Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson
- Jimmy Fallon can't keep it together when Stephen Colbert visits ?The Tonight Show' ? VIDEO
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- James Franco reflects on Broadway debut: ?I have a good life'
- No More Dollar Sign! Kesha Changes Name Spelling, Looks Happy Post-Rehab
- Michael Jackson's Son Controversy: Real Dad Steps Forward
- Denise Richards on How She Keeps Looking Fabulous at 43
- Prince Andrew and George Clooney's Ex Monika Jakisic Kiss During Romantic Dinner Date: Pictures
- Andrew Garfield and Batkid: Make-A-Wish Spokesperson Says the Actor and Young Boy Had a "Great Time" at Disneyland
- Blake Anderson, Workaholics Star, Welcomes Baby Girl Mars Ilah With Wife Rachael Finley