Battling Cancer, Roger Ebert Doesn't Want to Be Pitied
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 17th 2010 07:33AM
But the famed movie critic is doing well. "There is no need to pity me. Look how happy I am," he writes when someone looks at him sadly. A new interview with Esquire captures what his life is like now, since surgeries stripped him of part of his face and the ability to eat.
Ebert's days are regimented and his wife Chaz takes care of him. But he finds solace from his suffering in his online journal. "It is saving me."
He also remembers his friend and partner Gene Siskel, who died 11 years ago from brain cancer. "I just miss the guy so much."
On his dreams: "Never yet a dream where I can't talk. Sometimes I discover -- oh, I see! I CAN talk! I just forget to do it."
He has a sense of humor: "For meaningful weight loss. I recommend surgery and a liquid diet."
On Siskel: "I've never said this before, but we were born to be 'Siskel and Ebert.'"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Trek' does $70.6M on opening weekend, but falls short of studio's expectations
- Taylor Swift, One Direction among stars set to shine at Billboard Music Awards
- Twilight time for Stewart, Pattinson?
- Cannes: Market, Nightlife Bustles Despite Torrential Rains (Column)
- Cannes: Warm Red Carpet Reception for Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis'
- Gerard Depardieu Compares Vladimir Putin to Pope John Paul II
- ?Game of Thrones': OK Cupid reveals which characters are most compatible
- ?Saturday Night Live' finale recap: Ben Affleck shines, but Stefon and Fred Armisen steal the show
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2
- 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)