Battling Cancer, Roger Ebert Doesn't Want to Be Pitied
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 17th 2010 07:33AM
But the famed movie critic is doing well. "There is no need to pity me. Look how happy I am," he writes when someone looks at him sadly. A new interview with Esquire captures what his life is like now, since surgeries stripped him of part of his face and the ability to eat.
Ebert's days are regimented and his wife Chaz takes care of him. But he finds solace from his suffering in his online journal. "It is saving me."
He also remembers his friend and partner Gene Siskel, who died 11 years ago from brain cancer. "I just miss the guy so much."
On his dreams: "Never yet a dream where I can't talk. Sometimes I discover -- oh, I see! I CAN talk! I just forget to do it."
He has a sense of humor: "For meaningful weight loss. I recommend surgery and a liquid diet."
On Siskel: "I've never said this before, but we were born to be 'Siskel and Ebert.'"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Memorial for Paul Walker expected to draw thousands in LA
- 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M in second week
- Susan Boyle says she has Asperger's syndrome
- Boston Critics Name '12 Years a Slave' Best Picture
- Los Angeles Critics Meet to Vote Year's Best (Updating)
- AMPAS Adds Dubai to Qualifying Festival List For Oscar Short Film Contention
- Billy Joel, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, Shirley MacLaine, and Martina Arroyo receive Kennedy Center Honors
- ?SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars ? VIDEO
- PopWatch Planner: ?Arrow', ?Scandal' mid-season finales, ?American Hustle' in theaters, more
- Weekend Box Office: 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' With $31.6M in Second Week
- Another Very NSFW 'Nymphomaniac' Clip: Jamie Bell Is in the Giving Spirit (VIDEO)
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)