Battling Cancer, Roger Ebert Doesn't Want to Be Pitied
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 17th 2010 07:33AM
But the famed movie critic is doing well. "There is no need to pity me. Look how happy I am," he writes when someone looks at him sadly. A new interview with Esquire captures what his life is like now, since surgeries stripped him of part of his face and the ability to eat.
Ebert's days are regimented and his wife Chaz takes care of him. But he finds solace from his suffering in his online journal. "It is saving me."
He also remembers his friend and partner Gene Siskel, who died 11 years ago from brain cancer. "I just miss the guy so much."
On his dreams: "Never yet a dream where I can't talk. Sometimes I discover -- oh, I see! I CAN talk! I just forget to do it."
He has a sense of humor: "For meaningful weight loss. I recommend surgery and a liquid diet."
On Siskel: "I've never said this before, but we were born to be 'Siskel and Ebert.'"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vogue sued for Kim Kardashian/Kanye West photo shoot video
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- Gwen Stefani in Talks to Join NBC's 'The Voice'
- Tribeca: Inside the Festival's Incredibly Busy Offices (Video)
- NBC Sports Launches Kentucky Derby 'Save the Date' Campaign (Video)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- ?Salem' star Shane West knows nothing about ?Harry Potter' ? VIDEO
- ?Scandal' star Scott Foley's Reddit AMA: 9 things we learned
- Steven Spielberg's Next Movie May Be Religious Drama 'The Kidnapping of Eduardo Mortara'
- New Photos Reveal Michael Fassbender as 'Macbeth' (PHOTOS)
- Denis O'Hare Reveals Who His 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Character