Have Steven Tyler and Joe Perry Kissed and Made Up?
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 18th 2010 08:59AM
The soap opera starring Steven Tyler and Joe Perry just keeps getting more convoluted. Aerosmith -- the whole band -- has been tapped to headline the Download Festival in June, even though recent news reports suggested the iconic rock group was moving on without their troubled lead singer.
In a statement on the festival's site, Tyler said, "In the early days of Aerosmith we were infected with the vibe coming out of the UK with the Yardbirds, Blues Breakers, Pretty Things and the Stones and we wanted what they had bad. So baby, we're coming home. Rock & Roll can be pure sex and we can't wait to Download..."
Reuters and other outlets report the statement was taken down from the site, but it has since been reinstated.
Official channels within the Aerosmith machine have yet to comment on the booking, but drummer Joey Kramer belted "Aerosmith is back!" in a post on his Twitter feed on Wednesday.
There have been reports the band had to include Tyler in the mix if they wanted to play the festival.
MORE ABOUT Steven Tyler
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Steven Tyler Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Michael Jackson's ?Thriller' video to be released in 3D
- How one musician makes music from the sounds of YouTube
- ?Doctor Zhivago' comes to Broadway spring 2015
ExtraFEEDMore From Extra Li
- Bethenny Frankel Returning to Real Housewives of New York City; Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses: Top 5 Stories
- Porsha Williams Says She Was "Blindsided" by Real Housewives Demotion: It's Time to "Spread My Wings"
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect