Elton John: Jesus Was 'Gay' and Super-intelligent
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 18th 2010 01:10PM
"I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems. On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don't know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East -- you're as good as dead," John tells PARADE.
Check out more of his candid interview on love, loss and "lunatics" ... after the jump.
About his early mistakes in love: "I'd always choose someone younger. I wanted to smother them with love. I'd take them around the world, try to educate them. One after another they got a Cartier watch, a Versace outfit, maybe a sports car. They didn't have jobs. They were reliant on me. I did this repeatedly. In six months they were bored and hated my guts because I'd taken their lives and self-worth away. I hadn't intended to."
On life with his current partner David: "I was attracted to David immediately. He was very well dressed, very shy. The next night we had dinner. After it, we consummated our relationship. We fell in love very quickly... Every Saturday for 16 years, we've sent each other a card, no matter where we are in the world, to say how much we love each other... We've never been jealous. We talk about the sexual side of things, things that normally would have frightened me before."
On his drug use: "For some people a gram of cocaine can last a month. Not me. I have to do the lot, and then I want more. At the end of the day, all it led to was heartache."
Why he hates fame: "Princess Diana, Gianni Versace, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, all dead. Two of them shot outside their houses. None of this would have happened if they hadn't been famous. Fame attracts lunatics. I never had a bodyguard, ever, until Gianni died. I don't like celebrity anymore."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- 'American Sniper' continues box office dominance
- Watch with us: The SAG Awards
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- SAG Awards 2015: Watch the Red Carpet LIVE!
- Farrah Abraham Puckers Up After Pout Trout Disaster
- Hollywood's Hottest Mother Daughter Combo Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn WOW in Paris
- Angelina Jolie Visits Iraq, Meets ISIS Victims in Refugee Camp: Pictures
- Farrah Abraham Steps Out With New Boyfriend Simon Saran in Las Vegas After Botched Lip Injections: Pictures!
- Nikki Reed Talks Fiance Ian Somerhalder: "He's the Most Amazing Man That's Ever Walked the Planet"