Found! Frankie Muniz a Drummer in Phoenix Band
By Zach Dionne Posted Feb 18th 2010 11:25AM
Frankie Muniz, who played the titular character in the early 2000's sitcom 'Malcolm in the Middle,' left Hollywood to become a professional race car driver. Now the 24-year-old is looking to add "rock star" to his resume, drumming for the unsigned act You Hang Up.
"This is something I have always wanted in my life, and I'm thrilled to be associated with such a great group of guys!" Muniz wrote on his MySpace page after joining the band in late December.
The Phoenix-based four-piece have played several live shows this year, with Muniz tweeting: "My band and I had a secret show last night and it was INSANE! The place was PACKED and we killed it! It was our first show ever!"
The 'Agent Cody Banks' star hasn't acted since 2008.
You Hang Up's Myspace biography reads:
Muniz told Entertainment Weekly in 2004 that he learned to pound the skins from Zac Hanson (as in 'MMMBop' Hanson)."Obviously a band can't get very far without a drummer, so after a few online and text messages between Frankie Muniz (drums) and Aaron [lead singer], regarding the music, the band met up with Frankie to talk about connecting the vision of You Hang Up with Frankie's long-time passion for drumming and music. Frankie moved to Arizona in 2008 to take a break from acting and pursue a professional career in racing, but has now become a permanent fixture of You Hang Up. Between Frankie's incredible drumming skills and his passion for music in general, he adds a flavor to You Hang Up that could not blend better with the group."
"My best friends are Hanson," he said at the time. "When they come out for their full electric tour after their CD gets released, they're going to have two drum kits up there, and I'm gonna jam with them.''
We can't help but wonder if Frankie Muniz will be his generation's Schwarzenegger-esque chameleon (albeit an offbeat one) -- and apparently neither can he: "Actor, race car driver, drummer in a rock band and accountant has a nice ring to it," Muniz recently tweeted.
See Frankie drumming on his Facebook or hear his work behind the kit in the song below. Interestingly, the tune begins "All of my life, I've waited for you." Think they're singing about Muniz?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: Is Sofia Vergara losing her curves?
- Kim Kardashian criticized for donating just 10 percent of ?charity auction' to typhoon victims
- Gym, Tan, Pokey? ?Jersey Shore' star's grand jury ?Situation'
- Remembering Madiba: Paul Simon, Bill Clinton, P. Diddy, more share thoughts on Nelson Mandela
- Morgan Freeman on Nelson Mandela, plus a tribute to Madiba with the actors who've played him ? VIDEO
- ?Sound of Music': We live blogged it!
- Idris Elba on Playing Mandela: ?Opened Up My Mind to the Power of What We Can Do'
- South African Icon Nelson Mandela Dead at 95, Celebs React
- Extra Scoop: Kate Middleton and Prince William at ?Mandela' Premiere the Day He Dies