Gabourey Sidibe Reacts to Vanity Fair Slight
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 19th 2010 02:07PM
The actress, who starred in 2009's 'Precious' and has received both critical acclaim and an Oscar nod for her role, is keeping a cool head about the situation, despite outrage from media outlets, who have dubbed the cover 'The White Issue.' In an interview with Access Hollywood, Sidibe said, "At first I thought, 'Hmm, should I be there? Then I very quickly got over it. I think if I were a part of that shoot I would have felt a little left out anyway."
Despite the snub, the actress remains thankful for the attention she is receiving.
"I come from a world where I'm not on covers and I'm not in magazines at all, and so I was happy to be in the magazine... I'm excited to be mentioned anywhere, and it doesn't matter to me where I'm not mentioned," Sidibe said.
Gabourey Sidibe Snapshots
Gabourey Sidibe attends the Australian premiere of "Precious" at the Dendy Opera Quays on January 28, 2010 in Sydney, Australia. More photos >>
Getty Images AsiaPac
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- 'Jurassic World' trailer debuts: Chris Pratt vs. hybrid dinos!
- 'Night Before' Oscars Party Moving to Fox Lot
- Darren Wilson Tells George Stephanopoulos He Feared For His Life
- 'Flash vs. Arrow': Watch The Trailer for the Epic Crossover
- The best Black Friday deals for videogames, movies, more
- Jim Parsons talks theater and the ?charming' ?Merton of the Movies'
- 'Frozen' Continues World Domination, Beats Barbie in Toy Sales
- George Eads, Last Original 'CSI' Cast Member, to Leave Show
- What's New on Netflix Streaming in December 2014