Gabourey Sidibe Reacts to Vanity Fair Slight
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 19th 2010 02:07PM
The actress, who starred in 2009's 'Precious' and has received both critical acclaim and an Oscar nod for her role, is keeping a cool head about the situation, despite outrage from media outlets, who have dubbed the cover 'The White Issue.' In an interview with Access Hollywood, Sidibe said, "At first I thought, 'Hmm, should I be there? Then I very quickly got over it. I think if I were a part of that shoot I would have felt a little left out anyway."
Despite the snub, the actress remains thankful for the attention she is receiving.
"I come from a world where I'm not on covers and I'm not in magazines at all, and so I was happy to be in the magazine... I'm excited to be mentioned anywhere, and it doesn't matter to me where I'm not mentioned," Sidibe said.
Gabourey Sidibe Snapshots
Gabourey Sidibe attends the Australian premiere of "Precious" at the Dendy Opera Quays on January 28, 2010 in Sydney, Australia. More photos >>
Getty Images AsiaPac
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- Alfonso Ribeiro dominates 'DWTS'
- Fans: Renee Zellweger nearly unrecognizable after facial transformation
- Roma Downey to Host Religious Reality Series at TLC
- Christian Slater to Topline USA's Hacker Drama 'Mr. Robot'
- A&E Sets 'Growing Up Gotti' Reunion Special
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Keanu Reeves on 'John Wick,' 'Bill & Ted 3,' and That 'Point Break' Remake (EXCLUSIVE)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Nate Parker Share a Moment in This Exclusive 'Beyond the Lights' Preview
- How Will 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Begin? 'Horribly Brutal Fashion'