Gabourey Sidibe Reacts to Vanity Fair Slight
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 19th 2010 02:07PM
The actress, who starred in 2009's 'Precious' and has received both critical acclaim and an Oscar nod for her role, is keeping a cool head about the situation, despite outrage from media outlets, who have dubbed the cover 'The White Issue.' In an interview with Access Hollywood, Sidibe said, "At first I thought, 'Hmm, should I be there? Then I very quickly got over it. I think if I were a part of that shoot I would have felt a little left out anyway."
Despite the snub, the actress remains thankful for the attention she is receiving.
"I come from a world where I'm not on covers and I'm not in magazines at all, and so I was happy to be in the magazine... I'm excited to be mentioned anywhere, and it doesn't matter to me where I'm not mentioned," Sidibe said.
Gabourey Sidibe Snapshots
Gabourey Sidibe attends the Australian premiere of "Precious" at the Dendy Opera Quays on January 28, 2010 in Sydney, Australia. More photos >>
Getty Images AsiaPac
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Murray to have cameo on new Rashida Jones' TV show
- Pharrell Williams says he did not copy Marvin Gaye's work for hit song
- Celebrity scale: Skinny or curvy?
- France Televisions Strikes First-Look Deal With Universal Television
- Shanghai's Fundamental Films Plans $61 Million Capital Raise
- Tracey Ullman Returns to U.K. TV After 30 Years
- Dave Franco Facts: 10 Things You Didn't Know About the 'Unfinished Business' Star
- Neill Blomkamp Is Sad More People Don't Explode In 'Chappie' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Luke Evans Cast as Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast'