New Jay Leno Ad Takes a Dig at Conan
By Mike Hess Posted Feb 19th 2010 08:06AM
In the commercial, Leno is seen driving down California's glorious Pacific Coast Highway in a Shelby Cobra. Leno, a classic car enthusiast, is seen tearing down the highway with a "10" decal on the side of the car, alluding to his old and failed time slot. After a quick smile, Leno shifts gears in the car, and the "10" decal flies off to reveal one that says "11:35."
That's not so bad, right? Well, the real stinger is in the soundtrack.
During the ad, Leno is coasting to the Beatles tune 'Get Back,' which just as the time changes on the car's decals declares "Get back to where you once belonged."
So, is NBC saying that Conan never deserved the seat they gave him and then took away? Keep in mind, Conan can't say anything -- disparaging or not -- about NBC and his fallout with the network until September thanks to his $45 million settlement.
So, as Leno readies for his March re-debut, we just hope he and NBC can keep things classy and not resort to beating a dead, red-headed horse.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Elisabetta Canalis Engaged to Brian Perri! George Clooney's Ex to Marry in Italy Same Month
- Michelle Duggar on Date Nights With Jim Bob Duggar: He's "More Spontaneous Than I Am"
- Victoria Beckham Collapses Under Weight of Water in Ice Bucket Challenge, Gets Soaked by Kids
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'LeAnn and Eddie' Recap: LeAnn Rimes worried window for having kids is closing
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer's assault accuser wants lawsuit dismissed
- Nick Cannon confirms he and wife Mariah Carey are living apart
- Julianne Hough Talks Returning to Dancing With the Stars as Judge, Who She's Going to Butt Heads With—Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lopez Doesn't "Whore Around", But Does She Prefer Younger Men? Watch Now!
- So Weird! Man Arrested and Jailed Claimed to Be Scott Weiland, but Former Stone Temple Pilots Frontman Is Safe in the Studio