New Jay Leno Ad Takes a Dig at Conan
By Mike Hess Posted Feb 19th 2010 08:06AM
In the commercial, Leno is seen driving down California's glorious Pacific Coast Highway in a Shelby Cobra. Leno, a classic car enthusiast, is seen tearing down the highway with a "10" decal on the side of the car, alluding to his old and failed time slot. After a quick smile, Leno shifts gears in the car, and the "10" decal flies off to reveal one that says "11:35."
That's not so bad, right? Well, the real stinger is in the soundtrack.
During the ad, Leno is coasting to the Beatles tune 'Get Back,' which just as the time changes on the car's decals declares "Get back to where you once belonged."
So, is NBC saying that Conan never deserved the seat they gave him and then took away? Keep in mind, Conan can't say anything -- disparaging or not -- about NBC and his fallout with the network until September thanks to his $45 million settlement.
So, as Leno readies for his March re-debut, we just hope he and NBC can keep things classy and not resort to beating a dead, red-headed horse.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Eli Manning's Wife Abby Gives Birth to Third Daughter -- Find Out Her Name Here!
- Jamie Dornan, Dakota Johnson Smolder in Sexy New Photos, Dish on "Uncomfortable" Fifty Shades Sex Scenes, Turn-Ons
- Katy Perry Addresses Taylor Swift Feud Ahead of Super Bowl Performance: "You're Going to Hear About It"
- 2015 Super Bowl ads: You want 'em? We got 'em
- 'Biggest Loser' star calls show 'unhealthy' and 'fake,' others disagree
- Amy Duggar reveals she was born out of wedlock