New Jay Leno Ad Takes a Dig at Conan
By Mike Hess Posted Feb 19th 2010 08:06AM
In the commercial, Leno is seen driving down California's glorious Pacific Coast Highway in a Shelby Cobra. Leno, a classic car enthusiast, is seen tearing down the highway with a "10" decal on the side of the car, alluding to his old and failed time slot. After a quick smile, Leno shifts gears in the car, and the "10" decal flies off to reveal one that says "11:35."
That's not so bad, right? Well, the real stinger is in the soundtrack.
During the ad, Leno is coasting to the Beatles tune 'Get Back,' which just as the time changes on the car's decals declares "Get back to where you once belonged."
So, is NBC saying that Conan never deserved the seat they gave him and then took away? Keep in mind, Conan can't say anything -- disparaging or not -- about NBC and his fallout with the network until September thanks to his $45 million settlement.
So, as Leno readies for his March re-debut, we just hope he and NBC can keep things classy and not resort to beating a dead, red-headed horse.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Lively Poses With Her "Fit Dude" Trainer: "Cellulite Is So Much Cuter on Babies"
- Vanderpump Rules' Kristen Doute Dating Brian Carter After James Kennedy Split: Pictures!
- Janet Jackson's New Album Unbreakable Gets Release Date, Will Include "Reflections" About Brother Michael
- Cindy Crawford doesn't understand why unflattering photo makes other feel good
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Justin Bieber explains why he cried after his VMAs performance
- Chad Kroeger Spotted Without His Ring, Packing Up Car After Announcing Split From Avril Lavigne—See the Pics and Watch Video!
- Kim Kardashian Busts Out More Cleavage Photos After Reaching 45 Million Instagram Followers—See the Pics!
- Ciara & Russell Wilson's No-Sex Policy: "There Are So Many People Like Us"