New Jay Leno Ad Takes a Dig at Conan
By Mike Hess Posted Feb 19th 2010 08:06AM
In the commercial, Leno is seen driving down California's glorious Pacific Coast Highway in a Shelby Cobra. Leno, a classic car enthusiast, is seen tearing down the highway with a "10" decal on the side of the car, alluding to his old and failed time slot. After a quick smile, Leno shifts gears in the car, and the "10" decal flies off to reveal one that says "11:35."
That's not so bad, right? Well, the real stinger is in the soundtrack.
During the ad, Leno is coasting to the Beatles tune 'Get Back,' which just as the time changes on the car's decals declares "Get back to where you once belonged."
So, is NBC saying that Conan never deserved the seat they gave him and then took away? Keep in mind, Conan can't say anything -- disparaging or not -- about NBC and his fallout with the network until September thanks to his $45 million settlement.
So, as Leno readies for his March re-debut, we just hope he and NBC can keep things classy and not resort to beating a dead, red-headed horse.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince William Starts Paternity Leave Early, Prince Harry Could Be in U.K. For Baby's Birth
- Kim Richards Talks Arrest on Dr Phil: "None of This Would Have Happened if I Didn't Drink"
- John Stamos Confirms Full House Reunion: Show Coming Back for 13-Episode Netflix Special
- MTV cancels Victoria Justice's 'Eye Candy'
- 'Dancing With The Stars' recap: Judges diss Rumer Willis as 'raunchy'
- Heath Ledger's sister praises Michelle Williams
- Full House Revival Fuller House Headed to Netflix in 2016—Watch John Stamos' Big Announcement!
- Find Out The Date of Jon Stewart's Final Daily Show, Also Known As The Day The Tears Begin
- Praise Cookie! Which Empire Fan Faves Just Got Promoted to Series Regular?