New Jay Leno Ad Takes a Dig at Conan
By Mike Hess Posted Feb 19th 2010 08:06AM
In the commercial, Leno is seen driving down California's glorious Pacific Coast Highway in a Shelby Cobra. Leno, a classic car enthusiast, is seen tearing down the highway with a "10" decal on the side of the car, alluding to his old and failed time slot. After a quick smile, Leno shifts gears in the car, and the "10" decal flies off to reveal one that says "11:35."
That's not so bad, right? Well, the real stinger is in the soundtrack.
During the ad, Leno is coasting to the Beatles tune 'Get Back,' which just as the time changes on the car's decals declares "Get back to where you once belonged."
So, is NBC saying that Conan never deserved the seat they gave him and then took away? Keep in mind, Conan can't say anything -- disparaging or not -- about NBC and his fallout with the network until September thanks to his $45 million settlement.
So, as Leno readies for his March re-debut, we just hope he and NBC can keep things classy and not resort to beating a dead, red-headed horse.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Hired a Private Bartender, Sipped Frozen Drinks in Bed for Wedding Anniversary
- Angelina Jolie Look-Alike Veronika Black Wants Her Own Brad Pitt: Crazy Comparison Photos!
- Caitlyn Jenner's Major NYC Shopping Spree: All the Clothing, Accessories She Bought!
- Hannah Davis shows off her American pride in SI
- Duggars could face civil suit from non-family abuse victim, report says
- Ex-CNNer Lynne Russell's husband kills robber in wild motel shootout
- Is This Jennifer Lopez's Response to News of Ben Affleck's Divorce? See the Tweet!
- Challenge Accepted! Get Beachy Body Ready With Our Month-Long July Fitness Plan
- Kim Kardashian Wants Stricter Gun Control Laws, Says Supreme Court's Gay Marriage Ruling Made Her ''Proud to Be an American''