New Jay Leno Ad Takes a Dig at Conan
By Mike Hess Posted Feb 19th 2010 08:06AM
In the commercial, Leno is seen driving down California's glorious Pacific Coast Highway in a Shelby Cobra. Leno, a classic car enthusiast, is seen tearing down the highway with a "10" decal on the side of the car, alluding to his old and failed time slot. After a quick smile, Leno shifts gears in the car, and the "10" decal flies off to reveal one that says "11:35."
That's not so bad, right? Well, the real stinger is in the soundtrack.
During the ad, Leno is coasting to the Beatles tune 'Get Back,' which just as the time changes on the car's decals declares "Get back to where you once belonged."
So, is NBC saying that Conan never deserved the seat they gave him and then took away? Keep in mind, Conan can't say anything -- disparaging or not -- about NBC and his fallout with the network until September thanks to his $45 million settlement.
So, as Leno readies for his March re-debut, we just hope he and NBC can keep things classy and not resort to beating a dead, red-headed horse.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pete Davidson, 20, Joins Saturday Night Live as Featured Player
- I Know What You Did Last Summer Reboot in the Works From Sony
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Meryl Davis Reunite at Dancing With the Stars' Season 19 Premiere: Picture
- Rosie O'Donnell: Adjusting To 50-Pound Weight Loss Has Been More ?Difficult' Than Expected
- She BOUGHT Buns, Hun! ?Anaconda' Rapper Nicki Minaj Appears To Have Had Butt Augmentation, Says Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
- Kanye West's Insistence For Disabled Fans To Rise During Sydney Concert Was ?Downright Offensive': President Of Disabled Rights Organization
- United Nations names Leonardo DiCaprio 'Messenger for Peace' on climate issues
- ?Nymphomaniac Director's Cut': Yes, this one's even longer
- Alexis Bledel Seen For First Time Since Secretly Marrying Vincent Kartheiser, Newlywed Reunites with Sisterhood Castmates
- Fall TV Obsessions: Red Band Society Hits Close to Home—And We're Thankful for That
- Jane Fonda Is a Flasher! "When You Have Big Tits, People Treat You Differently"