New Jay Leno Ad Takes a Dig at Conan
By Mike Hess Posted Feb 19th 2010 08:06AM
In the commercial, Leno is seen driving down California's glorious Pacific Coast Highway in a Shelby Cobra. Leno, a classic car enthusiast, is seen tearing down the highway with a "10" decal on the side of the car, alluding to his old and failed time slot. After a quick smile, Leno shifts gears in the car, and the "10" decal flies off to reveal one that says "11:35."
That's not so bad, right? Well, the real stinger is in the soundtrack.
During the ad, Leno is coasting to the Beatles tune 'Get Back,' which just as the time changes on the car's decals declares "Get back to where you once belonged."
So, is NBC saying that Conan never deserved the seat they gave him and then took away? Keep in mind, Conan can't say anything -- disparaging or not -- about NBC and his fallout with the network until September thanks to his $45 million settlement.
So, as Leno readies for his March re-debut, we just hope he and NBC can keep things classy and not resort to beating a dead, red-headed horse.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Ripa Works Out and Poses on Fitness Ball in Skimpy Gym Gear: See the Instagram Picture
- Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult Split For Second Time: Details
- Rachel Bilson Dresses Growing Baby Bump in Festive Frock, Denim Overalls: Picture
- Hilary Duff Shares All the ‘Adorable’ Things Her Son Luca is Up To!
- Taylor Armstrong Addresses Rumors She'll Return To ?RHOBH' & Slams ?Controlling' Dead Ex-Husband
- Livin’ La Vida Lilo! Inside Her Euro-Trip
- Pregnant celebs without the shy gene
- Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr dating former spouses?
- Tara Reid releases 'Sharknado'-inspired perfume. No, really
- Bristol Palin Broke?! Lawyer Says Court Docs Citing Zero Income Were Filed by Ex Levi Johnston and Are Not Accurate
- Kaley Cuoco Once Interviewed Teen Wolf's Tyler Posey and Had No Idea Who He Was—Hear the Hilarious Story!
- Watch Julia Roberts Perfectly Recite Her Famous Lines From Pretty Woman and Notting Hill!