New Jay Leno Ad Takes a Dig at Conan
By Mike Hess Posted Feb 19th 2010 08:06AM
In the commercial, Leno is seen driving down California's glorious Pacific Coast Highway in a Shelby Cobra. Leno, a classic car enthusiast, is seen tearing down the highway with a "10" decal on the side of the car, alluding to his old and failed time slot. After a quick smile, Leno shifts gears in the car, and the "10" decal flies off to reveal one that says "11:35."
That's not so bad, right? Well, the real stinger is in the soundtrack.
During the ad, Leno is coasting to the Beatles tune 'Get Back,' which just as the time changes on the car's decals declares "Get back to where you once belonged."
So, is NBC saying that Conan never deserved the seat they gave him and then took away? Keep in mind, Conan can't say anything -- disparaging or not -- about NBC and his fallout with the network until September thanks to his $45 million settlement.
So, as Leno readies for his March re-debut, we just hope he and NBC can keep things classy and not resort to beating a dead, red-headed horse.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pratt Visits Children's Hospital Los Angeles in Guardians of the Galaxy Costume: Photo
- Taylor Swift Shares Close Encounter With Ex-Boyfriend John Mayer at Chateau Marmont
- Caroline Manzo's Manzo'd With Children Is Full of Fights, Jokes, and Family Drama: Watch the Explosive Preview
- Pat O'Brien Claims Former Friend O.J. Simpson Tried To Attack Him, Called Him A ?Phony C*cksucker' At A Miami Party Post Murder Trial
- She Won't Back Down ? Former ?Gossip Girl' Star Kelly Rutherford Files New Appeal In Custody Case As Kids Return To Their Dad In France
- Former 'Jeopardy' contestant indicted for assaulting legislator's wife
- Robin Williams' ashes reportedly scattered in San Francisco Bay last week
- 'Blurred Lines' model Emily Ratajkowski: Men need to get over naked women
- Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner and the Other Kardashians Are the Biggest Kanye West Fans—See the T-Shirts, Custom Cakes and More!
- Best Dressed Emmys Stars of All Time—Blake Lively's Plunging Gown, Nina Dobrev's Red Hot Style & More!
- Mila Kunis Looks Ready to Pop While Grocery Shopping in L.A.! See Pics of Her Big Baby Bump