New Jay Leno Ad Takes a Dig at Conan
By Mike Hess Posted Feb 19th 2010 08:06AM
In the commercial, Leno is seen driving down California's glorious Pacific Coast Highway in a Shelby Cobra. Leno, a classic car enthusiast, is seen tearing down the highway with a "10" decal on the side of the car, alluding to his old and failed time slot. After a quick smile, Leno shifts gears in the car, and the "10" decal flies off to reveal one that says "11:35."
That's not so bad, right? Well, the real stinger is in the soundtrack.
During the ad, Leno is coasting to the Beatles tune 'Get Back,' which just as the time changes on the car's decals declares "Get back to where you once belonged."
So, is NBC saying that Conan never deserved the seat they gave him and then took away? Keep in mind, Conan can't say anything -- disparaging or not -- about NBC and his fallout with the network until September thanks to his $45 million settlement.
So, as Leno readies for his March re-debut, we just hope he and NBC can keep things classy and not resort to beating a dead, red-headed horse.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Moschino Barbie Collection Pieces Are Available to Rent Now, Including This Barbie Cell Phone Case
- Charlie Sheen: "I Would Love to Return" to Two and a Half Men and I'd "Show Up Early!"
- Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Martin Hang Backstage at the iHeartRadio Music Festival: Picture
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Tim McGraw: My wild night with Kid Rock
- Report: Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- Then/Now: The cast of 'Friends'
- What Feud?! Ed Sheeran Kisses Niall Horan After Implying One Direction Member Stole His Girlfriend
- Braless Ashley Judd Wears Skintight Dress, Reveals Incredibly Toned Abs—See the Pic!
- Miss America Kira Kazantsev Kicked Out of Sorority for Hazing? Pageant Defends Beauty Queen's ''Termination''