New Jay Leno Ad Takes a Dig at Conan
By Mike Hess Posted Feb 19th 2010 08:06AM
In the commercial, Leno is seen driving down California's glorious Pacific Coast Highway in a Shelby Cobra. Leno, a classic car enthusiast, is seen tearing down the highway with a "10" decal on the side of the car, alluding to his old and failed time slot. After a quick smile, Leno shifts gears in the car, and the "10" decal flies off to reveal one that says "11:35."
That's not so bad, right? Well, the real stinger is in the soundtrack.
During the ad, Leno is coasting to the Beatles tune 'Get Back,' which just as the time changes on the car's decals declares "Get back to where you once belonged."
So, is NBC saying that Conan never deserved the seat they gave him and then took away? Keep in mind, Conan can't say anything -- disparaging or not -- about NBC and his fallout with the network until September thanks to his $45 million settlement.
So, as Leno readies for his March re-debut, we just hope he and NBC can keep things classy and not resort to beating a dead, red-headed horse.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gavin Rossdale Steps Out, Dog in Tow, Amid Gwen Stefani Split News: Picture
- Blake Shelton Gives First Interview Post Miranda Lambert-Divorce With Red Solo Cup in Hand: "It's Been One of Those Weeks"
- Carrie Underwood's Legs Are Still the Fiercest Filming Her Latest Music Video (Four Months After Giving Birth!): Photos
- Kim Richards arrested for shoplifting
- Iggy Azalea owns up to plastic surgery
- Taylor Swift talks importance of girl friends, why she stood up to Apple