Behind the Scenes: The Premiere of 'Shutter Island'
By Denise Warner Posted Feb 19th 2010 07:21AM
At the premiere of 'Island,' PopEater had the chance to talk to Dennis Lehane, the author who wrote the novel the movie is based on, about his visions for the film and what he thought of Leo. "He's without a doubt, certainly one of the finest actors of his age," Lehane told us.
We also caught up with star Jackie Earle Haley, who loved working with DiCaprio and Scorcese. "It was incredible, I mean it was surreal," he said. Watch the Video
Along with DiCaprio, Scorcese, Lehane and Haley, other celebrities who graced the red carpet included 'Shutter' stars Michelle Williams, Ben Kingsley, Mark Ruffalo, and Patricia Clarkson.
Mick Jagger and Mira Sorvino also attended the premiere.
Leonardo DiCaprio Snapshots
Actor Leonardo DiCaprio, left, and director Martin Scorsese attend the premiere of "Shutter Island" at The Ziegfeld Theatre, in New York, on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2010. (AP Photo/Peter Kramer)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Sheila MacRae from 1960s re-creation of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- Lesli Klainberg Named Executive Director of Film Society of Lincoln Center
- Amy Sedaris to Co-Star in Fox's Jane Krakowski Comedy
- Scott Kalvert, 'Basketball Diaries' Director, Dies at 49
- ?Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments ? VIDEO
- ?Episodes' star Chris Diamantopoulos reveals his first celeb crush, makes you want to listen to Roxette ? VIDEO
- Captain America exhibit opens at Disneyland: On the Scene
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years
- Jennifer Lawrence's Boyfriend, Nicholas Hoult, Is Very Aware of His 'Bystander' Status
- '300: Rise of an Empire': By the Numbers Review