Behind the Scenes: The Premiere of 'Shutter Island'
By Denise Warner Posted Feb 19th 2010 07:21AM
At the premiere of 'Island,' PopEater had the chance to talk to Dennis Lehane, the author who wrote the novel the movie is based on, about his visions for the film and what he thought of Leo. "He's without a doubt, certainly one of the finest actors of his age," Lehane told us.
We also caught up with star Jackie Earle Haley, who loved working with DiCaprio and Scorcese. "It was incredible, I mean it was surreal," he said. Watch the Video
Along with DiCaprio, Scorcese, Lehane and Haley, other celebrities who graced the red carpet included 'Shutter' stars Michelle Williams, Ben Kingsley, Mark Ruffalo, and Patricia Clarkson.
Mick Jagger and Mira Sorvino also attended the premiere.
Leonardo DiCaprio Snapshots
Actor Leonardo DiCaprio, left, and director Martin Scorsese attend the premiere of "Shutter Island" at The Ziegfeld Theatre, in New York, on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2010. (AP Photo/Peter Kramer)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Civil Rights Activists Call on 'Django Unchained' Actress to Apologize to LAPD
- Baltimore Ravens Reportedly Knew Details of Ray Rice Video Hours After Violent Incident
- Jimmy Fallon's 40th: James Franco, Seth Rogen and Stevie Wonder Surprise on 'Tonight Show'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Jimmy Fallon Got a Shirtless James Franco and Seth Rogen for His Birthday (VIDEO)
- These Are the 15 Funniest 'The Cosby Show' Episodes Ever (VIDEO)
- Our Hopes for 'The Good Wife' Season 6: Alicia Florrick, State's Attorney?