Angelina Jolie and Jon Voight Reunite in Style
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 22nd 2010 06:25AM
Angelina Jolie and her father Jon Voight have been famously estranged for years, but photographers caught Voight enjoying a sunny day in Venice, Italy, this weekend with his daughter, Brad Pitt and a few of the grandkids. RadarOnline reports that Jolie and Voight have been working on a reconciliation for months, but the family outing marks their first recent public appearance.
According to MSNBC, a source close to the couple says that Pitt is behind the reunion. "Since [Pitt and Jolie] have been together, Brad has been encouraging Angie to smooth things over with her dad," the source said. "And when it comes to the kids, Brad wants them to know their grandfather the way the kids know his parents."
Jolie and her father parted ways in 2001 when Voight made a television appearance stating that his daughter needed help for "her serious mental problems."
In 2002, Jolie stated, "My father and I don't speak. I don't hold any anger toward him. I don't believe that somebody's family becomes their blood. Because my son's adopted, and families are earned."
Jolie and her family are in Venice while she prepares to film 'The Tourist' with Johnny Depp.
Angelina Jolie Snapshots
VENICE, ITALY - FEBRUARY 18: Brad Pitt and daughter Shiloh depart Palazzo Mocenigo on February 18, 2010 in Venice, Italy. (Photo by Barbara Zanon/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Brad Pitt;Shiloh Jolie-Pitt
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Keira Knightley: I'm a spelling error
- Blake Shelton to make movie debut in Adam Sandler Western spoof
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli getting hitched?
- Sundance: The Short Film Challenge Winners Screen
- China Media Watchdog Examining Ratings System For TV Shows
- Political Thriller From 'Scandal's' Jenna Bans Nabs ABC Pilot Order
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Why the Found Footage Genre Is Broken (and How to Fix It)
- Matthew McConaughey Is 'Born to Run'
- Shay Mitchell: Kissing Girls Feels Fine on 'Pretty Little Liars'