Jay Leno Books Sarah Palin, 'Jersey Shore' Cast for 'Tonight Show' Comeback
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 22nd 2010 03:00PM
According to his official site, Leno has booked a slew of famous faces for his much-anticipated and highly-debated comeback, beginning with Jamie Foxx and Olympic champion Lindsey Vonn.
The following night, Leno will play host to former Vice Presidential candidate-turned-Fox News correspondent Sarah Palin (March 2). And if that wasn't enough, Leno will then interview the cast of MTV's wildly popular reality show 'Jersey Shore,' on March 3. (We wonder: How soon before Leno books disgraced golfer Tiger Woods?)
Additional guests for the month include Matthew McConaughey (March 4), Simon Cowell (March 8), Kristen Stewart (March 10) and Judd Apatow (Mar. 12).
Meanwhile, according to Gawker, 'American Idol' alum Adam Lambert says that he will also appear on the March 2 show, which coincidentally was not mentioned on Leno's Web site.
Guest list aside, Leno's debut is already poised to be a ratings spectacle, given all the drama that occurred earlier this year between NBC, Leno and ousted 'Tonight Show' host Conan O'Brien. And when you consider that 18.4 million watched the debut of 'The Jay Leno Show' last September, Leno is that much more likely to take the reigns back from David Letterman, whose ratings have flourished since Leno left the 'Tonight Show' in May 2009.
Whether or not he will retain his audience, however, remains to be seen.
Jay Leno Snapshots
Jay Leno speaks during the panel for "The Jay Leno Show" at the NBC Universal Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif. More Photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Britney Spears Squeaks in Leather Costume in Musicless Rendition of "Oops I Did It Again!"
- The Dress Now Comes in White and Gold: Find Out How to Snag One!
- Neil Patrick Harris Doesn't Know If His "Family or Soul" Could Handle Hosting Oscars Again After Mixed Reviews
- Indie rock band Ex Cops calls out McDonalds for not paying bands at SXSW showcase
- Susan Sarandon reportedly splits from boy toy
- 'Wheel of Fortune' contestant botches 'Snow White' character's name
- Samantha Bee Leaving The Daily Show...Who's Still on It?!
- This Bar Mitzvah Video Is the Best Thing You'll Watch This Week: Stop Right Now and Behold Its Awesomeness
- Kim Kardashian Has Sex "500 Times a Day," Bruce Jenner Feels "Separated"—See a New KUWTK Sneak Peek!