Is Ryan Phillippe a Serial Cheater? A Look at His Relationship With Abbie Cornish
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 22nd 2010 03:10PM
After nearly four years of dating, Ryan Phillippe and Abbie Cornish called it quits. If reports about Phillippe's infidelity are to be believed, then Cornish should have adhered to the adage, "If he cheats with you, he'll cheat on you."
Last May, Page Six reported that Phillippe was partying with several blondes in Cannes -- and Cornish was nowhere to be seen.
In December, The National Enquirer (via The Insider) claimed that the 'Bright Star' actress was fed up with his philandering ways. "Ryan and Abbie are on the rocks because he's back to his horndog ways. He's been hitting the clubs regularly and desperately trying to hook up with almost every young woman he meets. His womanizing has gotten so out of hand, it's like Abbie never existed," a source said.
But should Cornish be surprised? Not if she stops to think about how she and Phillippe came to be.
The pair met on the set of their film 'Stop Loss,' when Phillippe was still married to Reese Witherspoon back in 2006. Their romance ignited, despite the ring on Ryan's finger.
Then, the 'Legally Blonde' star filed for divorce in November of 2006. The tipping point, it seemed, were several clandestine text messages between Cornish and Phillippe that Reese spotted on her soon-to-be-ex husband's phone.
Phillippe and his rep took pains to deny other rumors of the actor's drug use during the divorce proceedings, yet he all but admitted he had cheated on his wife.
"I'm not a perfect person, but I'm not guilty of a lot of the things I have been accused of. My priority is and always has been the health and safety of my family," Ryan said at the time. He refused to specifically comment on his supposed relationship with Cornish, though.
Abbie later told W that being associated with the end of the Phillippe-Witherspoon marriage was "a really difficult time for me."
"For me, it was like night and day. I woke up one day and there was this whole new thing I had to process and deal with."
Well, Abbie, if you don't want to be cast as the dirty mistress -- excuse our 'Grey's' reference -- don't sleep with a married man.
Now, we're not saying Abbie deserved what she got, she just should have seen it coming. To use another cliche about philanderers -- once a cheater, always a cheater.
MORE ABOUT Ryan Phillippe
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Ryan Phillippe Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Documentary 'Doin' it in the Park' is a loving ode to New York playground basketball
- Cannes prostitutes can make $40,000 ? a night?
- Nicole Kidman plays Grace Kelly in movie set for 2014 Oscar season
- 'American Idol' Without Randy Jackson? Alums Weigh In (Video)
- 'Hangover' Star Justin Bartha Gets Engaged (Report)
- Cannes: Gregg Allman's Autobiography to Become a Movie
- This Week On Stage: Sigourney and Co. extend, Billy Crystal Back to Broadway
- ?Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch)
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted!
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2
- 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title