Is Ryan Phillippe a Serial Cheater? A Look at His Relationship With Abbie Cornish
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 22nd 2010 03:10PM
After nearly four years of dating, Ryan Phillippe and Abbie Cornish called it quits. If reports about Phillippe's infidelity are to be believed, then Cornish should have adhered to the adage, "If he cheats with you, he'll cheat on you."
Last May, Page Six reported that Phillippe was partying with several blondes in Cannes -- and Cornish was nowhere to be seen.
In December, The National Enquirer (via The Insider) claimed that the 'Bright Star' actress was fed up with his philandering ways. "Ryan and Abbie are on the rocks because he's back to his horndog ways. He's been hitting the clubs regularly and desperately trying to hook up with almost every young woman he meets. His womanizing has gotten so out of hand, it's like Abbie never existed," a source said.
But should Cornish be surprised? Not if she stops to think about how she and Phillippe came to be.
The pair met on the set of their film 'Stop Loss,' when Phillippe was still married to Reese Witherspoon back in 2006. Their romance ignited, despite the ring on Ryan's finger.
Then, the 'Legally Blonde' star filed for divorce in November of 2006. The tipping point, it seemed, were several clandestine text messages between Cornish and Phillippe that Reese spotted on her soon-to-be-ex husband's phone.
Phillippe and his rep took pains to deny other rumors of the actor's drug use during the divorce proceedings, yet he all but admitted he had cheated on his wife.
"I'm not a perfect person, but I'm not guilty of a lot of the things I have been accused of. My priority is and always has been the health and safety of my family," Ryan said at the time. He refused to specifically comment on his supposed relationship with Cornish, though.
Abbie later told W that being associated with the end of the Phillippe-Witherspoon marriage was "a really difficult time for me."
"For me, it was like night and day. I woke up one day and there was this whole new thing I had to process and deal with."
Well, Abbie, if you don't want to be cast as the dirty mistress -- excuse our 'Grey's' reference -- don't sleep with a married man.
Now, we're not saying Abbie deserved what she got, she just should have seen it coming. To use another cliche about philanderers -- once a cheater, always a cheater.
MORE ABOUT Ryan Phillippe
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Ryan Phillippe Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- McKayla Maroney reportedly takes legal action over hacked pics, claiming she was underage
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- NBC to Remake South Korean Variety Show 'Grandpas Over Flowers'
- Netflix Takes Rights to 'Gotham' Ahead of Launch
- Dax Shepard Making 'CHiPS' Movie for Warner Bros.
- In ?Velocity 2X,' new-school speed meets old-school charm
- Loki fans, rejoice: Here's an entire movie about him
- Warner Bros. registers four superhero-movie domain names: Is this DC Phase 2?
- A Remastered, HD Version of 'The Wire' Is Coming to HBO... Eventually
- Robin Williams's Daughter Zelda Returns to Twitter With Anti-Bullying Message
- The 'Escape From New York' Reboot May Feature Charlie Hunnam in an Eye Patch