Travis Barker Defends His Part in Paparazzi Scuffle
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 22nd 2010 07:16AM
Police were called to a California restaurant Sunday morning after paparazzi accused Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker of making threats and slashing tires. A video posted on TMZ shows Barker walking across a parking lot with his young daughter in his arms; the musician then deposits the little girl off-camera and joins a profanity-laced screaming match with photographers waiting in a car. In the video, one paparazzo accuses Barker of stealing his cell phone, but the drummer explained the incident to his fans on Twitter, claiming, "All the footage these lames released to the press is one sided cause they edited it."
Barker wrote,"When I'm out at breakfast at 8am in the morning the last thing I appreciate is some photographer threatening me to a fight while he's three deep. When I defend myself/my kids that don't make me a tough guy. I was outnumbered and threatened so I did what any man would."
"Paparazzi cried like young girls when it was no longer three of them against me and my kids. Didn't they remember threatening me an hour ago? What happened to the tough guys with the cameras? It was gonna be a fair fight."
He added, "Bottom line, take photos at red carpets. Take pics of hungry Hollywood starlets and douche bags that are out at clubs and bars that like it. I'm not a socialite out begging for that kind of attention. I'm a family man out with my kids. Don't get the two twisted."
According to TMZ, the paparazzi on the scene declined to press charges. No arrests were made, but a vandalism report was taken.
Travis Barker takes his daughter Alabama and some friends to a spa in Calabasas. February 20, 2010 EXCLUSIVE
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- New Zack Morris: Unauthorized story 'a love letter' to Saved By The Bell
- Pregnant or burrito grande?
- Joan Rivers in intensive care, critical condition at hospital
- ?Rock Band' developer debuts a game for wannabe dream exorcists
- Poll: Which ?Walking Dead' magazine cover is your favorite?
- Britney Spears Splits from BF, Tweets About ?Single Life'
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Fab Dresses from Gabriella Rocha!
- Stars in Bikinis! Kim K, Kendall Jenner, Selena Gomez and Other Hotties
- Joan Rivers in Medically Induced Coma After Experiencing Complications During Surgery
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Are Married; Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox have Friends Reunion: Top 5 Stories
- Britney Spears and Boyfriend David Lucado Split: Details