Travis Barker Defends His Part in Paparazzi Scuffle
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 22nd 2010 07:16AM
Police were called to a California restaurant Sunday morning after paparazzi accused Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker of making threats and slashing tires. A video posted on TMZ shows Barker walking across a parking lot with his young daughter in his arms; the musician then deposits the little girl off-camera and joins a profanity-laced screaming match with photographers waiting in a car. In the video, one paparazzo accuses Barker of stealing his cell phone, but the drummer explained the incident to his fans on Twitter, claiming, "All the footage these lames released to the press is one sided cause they edited it."
Barker wrote,"When I'm out at breakfast at 8am in the morning the last thing I appreciate is some photographer threatening me to a fight while he's three deep. When I defend myself/my kids that don't make me a tough guy. I was outnumbered and threatened so I did what any man would."
"Paparazzi cried like young girls when it was no longer three of them against me and my kids. Didn't they remember threatening me an hour ago? What happened to the tough guys with the cameras? It was gonna be a fair fight."
He added, "Bottom line, take photos at red carpets. Take pics of hungry Hollywood starlets and douche bags that are out at clubs and bars that like it. I'm not a socialite out begging for that kind of attention. I'm a family man out with my kids. Don't get the two twisted."
According to TMZ, the paparazzi on the scene declined to press charges. No arrests were made, but a vandalism report was taken.
Travis Barker takes his daughter Alabama and some friends to a spa in Calabasas. February 20, 2010 EXCLUSIVE
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Game Of Desks Is HERE!
- Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged?
- NBA Star Reportedly Asks Court To Delay Divorce During Playoffs
- ?Fast & Furious 6?: That ending! THAT ENDING! (SPOILERS)
- ?Arrested Development': Five episodes to watch to get ready for Sunday
- ?Fast & Furious': 10 take-aways after an all-day franchise marathon
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1M to Oklahoma Tornado Relief
- Randy Jackson Visits Air Force Base, Debuts New Guitar Collection
- Star-Studded PSA Shines Spotlight on Global Water Crisis