'Bachelor' Host Chris Harrison Needs to Relax a Little
By Denise Warner Posted Feb 23rd 2010 04:00PM
Instead, he decided to get on his high horse after Rozyln defended herself on 'The Bachelor: Women Tell All' reunion.
"It was a desperate attempt by a very desperate woman to create a diversion," he blogged of Papa's insistence he flirted with the fired-producer's wife.
But Chris, isn't that what this show is all about -- desperate women (and men!) looking for love, and willing to do desperate things (give up their careers, forgo seeing their children, live in a house with 25 other people vying for one man's attention, etc.) in the pursuit of someone's heart?
Harrison insists he doesn't want the Rozlyn drama to detract from the important stuff.
"It is my hope that none of this nonsense takes away from what is really important here and that's what's going to take place next Monday night during our finale."
What is happening next Monday? Oh yeah, Jake will decide which girl, either Tenley or Vienna, will become America's next top ex-fiancee.
That's right, we said it.
Mr. Harrison, the drama is what draws viewers and keeps you employed. If it were boring, no one would watch because for a dating show, you have a remarkably poor record. Only one 'Bachelor' or 'Bachelorette' relationship has brought about a wedding -- Trista and Ryan Sutter.
So if the Rozlyns of the world didn't exist to create problems, you'd be left with an unwatchable failure. Who would tune in to see that? At least the drama keeps it entertaining.
Furthermore, you seem more than willing to vilify Rozyln for what she may or may not have done. (And at this point, does it really matter?) But you easily forgave Jason Mesnick for what we all know he did -- dump his 'Bachelor'-fiancee Melissa Rycroft on National TV.
Mesnick originally picked Rycroft. But then backtracked on his decision, switching to runner-up Molly Malaney. He then decided the best thing to do was announce this on the 'After the Final Rose' show. Obviously, this is the preferred method of dumping for reality stars.
"I don't know if it makes it any easier for you to swallow, but they are in love and are fighting like hell under an extreme amount of pressure to make this work. I told him that he must really love Molly to have done this," Harrison wrote of the scandal.
"I wish you all could have hung out with us and just seen that these are real people going through life just like you and I are. It just so happens that what they do is magnified times a thousand because they are on TV," he added.
By Harrison's measure, if it's all out in the open, it's OK, but if it's a secret and you deny it -- it's not? That doesn't add up.
'The Bachelor' and 'The Bachelorette' are two silly shows. Audiences drool as they watch beautiful men and women live and date together, but they stay for the fights, the scandals and all the other ridiculousness. Not because they think two people are actually falling in love.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Kat Dennings and Sandra Oh share a laugh as they arrive to the Los Angeles premiere of "Defendor" on February 22nd.
Michael Tran, FilmMagic
Michael Tran, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gwen Stefani, Blake Shelton Have Lip-Sync Battle With Jimmy Fallon; Vanessa, Nick Lachey Celebrate Adorable Son's Birthday: Top 5 Stories
- Ylvis Band Introduces "Trucker's Hitch" After "What Does the Fox Say?" Success: Watch Now!
- Connie Britton, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand Were College Roommates: See the Amazing '80s Throwback Photo
- Maria Menounos Attends SPLASH An Exclusive Media Event By Live Love Spa At The Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
- New Mark Burnett game show ?500 Questions' coming to ABC
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Daniel Radcliffe Visits Marijuana Café While in Amsterdam—See the Happy Pic!
- Will Smith Wishes Wife Jada Pinkett Smith a Happy Birthday With This Amazing Photo
- Tallulah and Scout Willis Take a Bath Together, Then Hit the Town After Reuniting for First Time in Months: See the Photos!