Jake Gyllenhaal, Matt Damon Turned Down 'Avatar'
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 23rd 2010 03:20PM
L.A. Times that he initially wanted to cast Matt Damon or Jake Gyllenhaal -- who both turned down the role. Wonder if they're regretting that right now?
'Avatar' has already racked up over $2.05 billion at the worldwide box office and scored nine Oscar nominations, including Best Picture and Best Director. The movie also walked away with a few Golden Globe Awards, winning for Best Motion Picture – Drama and Best Director.
It comes as no surprise then that director James Cameron already has a sequel in the works. Maybe Damon and Gyllenhaal will get a second chance?
"I haven't started thinking about the story yet, although I have a general story arc for it," Cameron said during an appearence on 'Larry King Live.' "But we have had some technical discussion of how we would do it."
Jake Gyllenhaal Photos
LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 08: Jake Gyllenhaal (C) attends a game between the San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center on February 8, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Noel Vasquez/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Jake Gyllenhaal
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Matt Damon
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Matt Damon Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Michael Buble hits a sour note with Instagram pic
- Blues Traveler's John Popper talks about band's new album
- 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2' reviewers: Don't see film
- Ben Affleck Requested His Slave Owner Ancestor Be Censored From PBS' 'Finding Your Roots'
- Tribeca 2015: IFC Midnight Picks Up 'Stung'
- Tribeca 2015: Mary J. Blige Feels "a New Confidence" With 'London Sessions' Doc
- Watch the First 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' Trailer in All Its Glory
- The 27 Best Las Vegas Movies
- Disney Still Can't Stop 'Frozen' Lawsuit, Trial Date Set