'The View' Trumps 'Ellen' in Oprah's Time War
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 23rd 2010 02:00AM
'The View' to Replace 'Oprah'
Location, location, location. It's as important to the TV schedule as it is to the housing market, and no one has better time slots than 'The Oprah Winfrey Show.' But as O moves her Tom Cruise-trampled yellow couch out, the gals of 'The View' will be moving their yelling-prone round table in.
"It has been a behind-the-scenes war between the producers of 'Ellen' and 'The View' to try to get Oprah's slot," a TV insider tells me. "However, what gave 'The View' the edge over 'Ellen' was Joy Behar. Her solo show at 9 PM on Headline News is a huge hit and the 'SNL' impression of her has given 'The View' huge buzz."
A spokesperson for the show tells me, "We're thrilled 'The View' is getting so much attention, and while we think the hosts would be magic at any time of day, you can catch them every morning on ABC" -- though not for long.
Tabloids Shaking Over Brangelina Lawsuit
The legal action Angelina and Brad took against a British publication over rumors they had split has had an impact on coverage of the most famous couple all over the world, including the USA.
"They are thrilled that editors are now thinking twice before printing lies just to sell magazines and wish they had done it years ago," a source close to the couple tells me. And it is true that they haven't been on a cover of an American tabloid since they filed papers against the breakup lies coming out of the UK a few weeks ago.
Let's see how long it lasts.
Real Songwriters Getting Honored
A little bird tells me Leonard Cohen, Jackie DeShannon, Johnny Mandel, Earth Wind & Fire and -- my favorite -- David Foster will be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame this year. Better luck next year, Britney!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kanye West Says He's Running for President in 2020 in Bonkers VMAs 2015 Speech
- Kanye West, Taylor Swift Joke About Infamous VMAs Moment as He Accepts Video Vanguard Award
- Justin Bieber Cries After "What Do You Mean?" Performance at 2015 VMAs — Watch Him Break Down
- Horror master Wes Craven dead at 76
- Kanye West rants at VMAs: I have decided to 'run for president'
- Nicki Minaj calls out Miley Cyrus at VMAs
- Justin Bieber Is Shirtless and Looking Mighty Fine in "What Do You Mean?" Music Video—Watch Now!
- Bachelor in Paradise is Exhausting Us: Who's the Worst of the Worst This Week?
- Wes Craven Dead at 76: Director Helped Create Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street and Other Horror Films