'The View' Trumps 'Ellen' in Oprah's Time War
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 23rd 2010 02:00AM
'The View' to Replace 'Oprah'
Location, location, location. It's as important to the TV schedule as it is to the housing market, and no one has better time slots than 'The Oprah Winfrey Show.' But as O moves her Tom Cruise-trampled yellow couch out, the gals of 'The View' will be moving their yelling-prone round table in.
"It has been a behind-the-scenes war between the producers of 'Ellen' and 'The View' to try to get Oprah's slot," a TV insider tells me. "However, what gave 'The View' the edge over 'Ellen' was Joy Behar. Her solo show at 9 PM on Headline News is a huge hit and the 'SNL' impression of her has given 'The View' huge buzz."
A spokesperson for the show tells me, "We're thrilled 'The View' is getting so much attention, and while we think the hosts would be magic at any time of day, you can catch them every morning on ABC" -- though not for long.
Tabloids Shaking Over Brangelina Lawsuit
The legal action Angelina and Brad took against a British publication over rumors they had split has had an impact on coverage of the most famous couple all over the world, including the USA.
"They are thrilled that editors are now thinking twice before printing lies just to sell magazines and wish they had done it years ago," a source close to the couple tells me. And it is true that they haven't been on a cover of an American tabloid since they filed papers against the breakup lies coming out of the UK a few weeks ago.
Let's see how long it lasts.
Real Songwriters Getting Honored
A little bird tells me Leonard Cohen, Jackie DeShannon, Johnny Mandel, Earth Wind & Fire and -- my favorite -- David Foster will be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame this year. Better luck next year, Britney!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Khloe Kardashian Steps Out in Eye-Catching Ensemble, Mila Kunis Flashes Engagement Ring From Ashton Kutcher: Top Weekend Stories
- Jared Leto, Brother Shannon Leto Give Smoldering Stares in Bold, Printed Shirts: See the Sexy Picture
- Taylor Swift, Lorde Pal Around New York City: See the Goofy Picture
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- '300' sequel tops box office with $45.1M debut
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Seth Meyers Reveals How Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and More Helped Him Prepare for His Late Night Show
- Jennifer Aniston Says She Would Like to Trade Bodies With Gisele Bündchen, Admits She's Not a Fan of Selfies
- Teresa and Joe Giudice Cheer on Daughter at Cheerleading Competition After Pleading Guilty to Fraud Charges