The Old Spice Man Through The Ages
PEOPLE recently interviewed the devastatingly-charming pitchman, Isaiah Mustafa, who is now enjoying a rise in job opportunities since the commercial's debut earlier this month (the clip has since amassed almost 3 million views on YouTube). And he's not just a body wash salesman, either. The on-the-rise actor has done everything from playing receiver for the Seattle Seahawks to running a barbecue restaurant with his mother. Hold your horses, though, ladies. This jack of all trades is taken.
After the jump we take a trip down memory lane of Old Spice's most memorable men.
2010: First up, the commercial that started this mess and the gospel according to Isaiah:
2009: Mustafa's predecessor Dan Gauthier showcases that just because you want to smell like a man, it doesn't mean you have to smell like every man. Think he looks familiar? Well, that's because he played hunky high school football captain Brad in 1989's cult classic 'Teen Witch' (and he was in a bunch of other stuff since then, too, but we'll stick with the witch movie).
2008: Neil Patrick Harris may have only played a doctor on TV, but that doesn't mean he's not qualified to prescribe you the awesome manly freshness of Old Spice 'Pro Strength' deodorant.
2007: The following pitchman is a little lighter with the dialogue but just as effective ... and manly!
2007: Old Spice really knocked it out of the park when they hired the 'Evil Dead' master himself, the all-around-awesome Bruce Campbell. We're not entirely sure what he's even saying, but we'll take one in 'Smooth Blast' scent, please.
1971: Next up, this commercial comes to us all the way from THE SEVENTIES. Yes, they had Old Spice back in the day. And color TV!
1957: And just when you thought it couldn't get any more ancient, we dusted off some stone tablets lying around the PopEater offices and found the following clip from half a century ago. Old Spice: Never did a dollar bring you so much.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Shows Off Growing Baby Bump, Kourtney Kardashian Wears Bootylicious Swimsuit: Top Stories
- Matt Bomer Reveals He Married Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
- Meryl Streep: I Thought I Was Too Ugly to Be an Actress
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day