The Old Spice Man Through The Ages
PEOPLE recently interviewed the devastatingly-charming pitchman, Isaiah Mustafa, who is now enjoying a rise in job opportunities since the commercial's debut earlier this month (the clip has since amassed almost 3 million views on YouTube). And he's not just a body wash salesman, either. The on-the-rise actor has done everything from playing receiver for the Seattle Seahawks to running a barbecue restaurant with his mother. Hold your horses, though, ladies. This jack of all trades is taken.
After the jump we take a trip down memory lane of Old Spice's most memorable men.
2010: First up, the commercial that started this mess and the gospel according to Isaiah:
2009: Mustafa's predecessor Dan Gauthier showcases that just because you want to smell like a man, it doesn't mean you have to smell like every man. Think he looks familiar? Well, that's because he played hunky high school football captain Brad in 1989's cult classic 'Teen Witch' (and he was in a bunch of other stuff since then, too, but we'll stick with the witch movie).
2008: Neil Patrick Harris may have only played a doctor on TV, but that doesn't mean he's not qualified to prescribe you the awesome manly freshness of Old Spice 'Pro Strength' deodorant.
2007: The following pitchman is a little lighter with the dialogue but just as effective ... and manly!
2007: Old Spice really knocked it out of the park when they hired the 'Evil Dead' master himself, the all-around-awesome Bruce Campbell. We're not entirely sure what he's even saying, but we'll take one in 'Smooth Blast' scent, please.
1971: Next up, this commercial comes to us all the way from THE SEVENTIES. Yes, they had Old Spice back in the day. And color TV!
1957: And just when you thought it couldn't get any more ancient, we dusted off some stone tablets lying around the PopEater offices and found the following clip from half a century ago. Old Spice: Never did a dollar bring you so much.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton Says He's "In a Good Place" After Miranda Lambert Divorce
- Vicki Gunvalson Heads to "Detox Retreat" Amid Ex-Boyfriend Brooks Ayers' Cancer Drama
- Whitney Port Has Fun in the Sun During Her Luxe Bachelorette Party in Mexico: Photos
- Lovelorn fan proposes to Keira Knightely during Broadway debut
- Geena Davis, 59, to play 44-year-old Jon Hamm's daughter
- Jim Carrey's ex reportedly committed suicide using pills prescribed to the comedian
- KUWTK Recap: Kim Kardashian Confronts Caitlyn Jenner, Khloé Kardashian Flirts With Lamar Odom and More!
- This Puppy Can't Stop Driving His Young Owner Around the Neighborhood in a Toy Car—Watch Now!
- Matthew McConaughey Looks Unrecognizable for His New Movie Role—See the On-Screen Transformation!