Popular Facebook Pickle Surpasses Nickelback
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 24th 2010 03:00PM
the pickle boasts1,489,737 fans, just ahead of Nickelback's 1,422,984.
The Facebook group's founder, Coral Anne, wrote a lengthy post yesterday answering questions she has fielded in the past three weeks and clarifying that she does not hate Nickelback. "Are they one of my favourite bands? No, but, I didn't make this page to endorse hate. I have to respect Nickelback just like any artist out there in the world, because even though they may not be a band that has helped me with their music, I know there must be people out there who their music has inspired," Anne wrote, adding, "This pickle page is strictly intended for humour. The whole time, I was pro-pickle, more than anti-Nickelback."
Anne credits a similar group, "Can this onion ring get more fans than Justin Bieber?" as the impetus for what's now become one of the most absurd rivalries in rock history.
"I thought [the onion ring group] was pretty funny and creative, and a pickle getting more fans than Nickelback suddenly came to mind and I literally just sat there by myself laughing. I think I mostly found it funny because pickle rhymes with nickel and it would sound catchy," Anne wrote.
Anne registered shock at the viral momentum the pickle group has taken on since Feb. 3. The onion ring group that inspired her notched just under 77,000 fans.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Urban Cowboy' coming to TV, but is John Travolta?
- 'Cruel Intentions' costars Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair reunite
- Sherri Shepherd awkwardly offers to give Raven Symone her surrogate baby
- Ann Romney Reveals She's in Remission, Working to Help Others with MS
- The Duggars' Secret Escape Plan!
- 'Game of Thrones' Tell-All: Kit Harington Talks Jon Snow's Love Life? and His Death?!