Coroner: Brittany Murphy Had 'Elevated Levels' of Vicodin, But No Illegal Substances
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 25th 2010 06:00PM
"There is no history of alcohol or drug abuse," the report reads (via TMZ). "The overall appearance of the body is consistent with the recorded height of 65 inches and the recorded weight of 115 pounds. The body appears well developed, normally muscular and slim but not excessively thin."
According to the coroner's findings, the 32-year-old died of community acquired pneumonia, iron deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication -- which included prescription and over-the-counter drugs.
The previous report also indicated that her death was "preventable." TMZ says that her pneumonia was "treatable," but she wasn't taken to the doctor in time.
"This death could have been preventable," Assistant Chief Ed Winter says, PEOPLE reported.
"Murphy was planning on seeing a doctor, but she unfortunately passed away before she did. This was a case of a person with pneumonia who was anemic (having a low blood count) who was taking medication when she should've been getting medical treatment," Winter adds.
In a previous interview with PEOPLE, Brittany's husband Simon Monjack said, "I took very good care of my wife ... She was on an antibiotic and she was taking cough medicine and doing all the right things."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'
- Ancient Flying Reptile Named After Kung Fu Film 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'
- Mark Millar Comic 'MPH' Optioned by Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Exclusive)
- Dr. Phil Gives Obama, Putin Couples Therapy on 'Tonight Show' (Video)
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Daniel Radcliffe Asks, 'What Would Michael Fassbender Do?'
- Brace Yourselves, There's Going to Be a Peeps Movie
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence, Pulls Out of 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Press Tour