Coroner: Brittany Murphy Had 'Elevated Levels' of Vicodin, But No Illegal Substances
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 25th 2010 06:00PM
"There is no history of alcohol or drug abuse," the report reads (via TMZ). "The overall appearance of the body is consistent with the recorded height of 65 inches and the recorded weight of 115 pounds. The body appears well developed, normally muscular and slim but not excessively thin."
According to the coroner's findings, the 32-year-old died of community acquired pneumonia, iron deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication -- which included prescription and over-the-counter drugs.
The previous report also indicated that her death was "preventable." TMZ says that her pneumonia was "treatable," but she wasn't taken to the doctor in time.
"This death could have been preventable," Assistant Chief Ed Winter says, PEOPLE reported.
"Murphy was planning on seeing a doctor, but she unfortunately passed away before she did. This was a case of a person with pneumonia who was anemic (having a low blood count) who was taking medication when she should've been getting medical treatment," Winter adds.
In a previous interview with PEOPLE, Brittany's husband Simon Monjack said, "I took very good care of my wife ... She was on an antibiotic and she was taking cough medicine and doing all the right things."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Scott Sternberg Is Giving His Parents a Banana-Shaped Bong For the Holidays
- Throwback Thursday: In 1985, 'Golden Girls' Heated Up the Small Screen
- Bill Cosby Steps Down From UMass-Amherst Fundraising Campaign Amid Rape Allegations
- ?Star Wars' trailer wishlist: VII things we hope to see
- PopWatch Confessional: What are you thankful for this year?
- 33 Things on TV to Be Thankful for This Thanksgiving
- Worst Holiday Episodes Ever
- Bennett Miller, 'Foxcatcher' Director, on His Inspiration and Casting Channing Tatum