Stars Mourn Andrew Koenig Through Twitter
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 26th 2010 06:35AM
Alyssa Milano wrote, "If you know someone suffering from depression, please do everything in your power to get them help. R.I.P. Andrew."
"My heart is heavy for the Koenig family," tweeted comedian Sarah Silverman.
Unable to hold back sobs during a dramatic press conference, Walter Koenig confirmed Thursday that his son Andrew had taken his own life. Walter played Chekov in the 'Star Trek' TV series and films; his co-stars and other actors in the franchise also used Twitter to express their sympathy.
"My deepest sympathies to Andrew Koenig's family," William Shatner wrote. "I will grieve with them."
"Star Trek: Next Generation" star LeVar Burton wrote: "Offering prayers for Walter & Judy Koenig as well as their beloved son, Andrew..."
"Oh my god," tweeted Wil Wheaton. "I just heard that Andrew Koenig's body has been found in Vancouver. He was only 41. My heart goes out to his family."
Koenig's 'Growing Pains' co-star Kirk Cameron has not made a statement since the actor's death, but said last week, "I am praying for his family during this time of distress and for his safe return." Reports PEOPLE, Cameron added, "Andrew, if you're reading this, please call me."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Reveals 5 Things to Expect With Upcoming 1989 Album, Says There Were "No Rules" This Time Around
- Lauren Conrad Kisses William Tell in Wedding Photo; Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Twerk in Racy "Booty" Video: Top 5 Stories
- Joan Rivers' Fashion Police Tribute: Melissa Rivers, Giuliana Rancic, Kelly Osbourne, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember the Comedienne
- ?Duck Dynasty' Medical Crisis! The Truth About Phil Robertson’s Alleged Hospital Stay Revealed
- The Show Will Go On! ‘Fashion Police’ To Return On E! ?As Joan Rivers Would Have Wanted' In 2015
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Jimmy Fallon to pay back bet will host 'Tonight Show' in Chicago