Stars Mourn Andrew Koenig Through Twitter
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 26th 2010 06:35AM
Alyssa Milano wrote, "If you know someone suffering from depression, please do everything in your power to get them help. R.I.P. Andrew."
"My heart is heavy for the Koenig family," tweeted comedian Sarah Silverman.
Unable to hold back sobs during a dramatic press conference, Walter Koenig confirmed Thursday that his son Andrew had taken his own life. Walter played Chekov in the 'Star Trek' TV series and films; his co-stars and other actors in the franchise also used Twitter to express their sympathy.
"My deepest sympathies to Andrew Koenig's family," William Shatner wrote. "I will grieve with them."
"Star Trek: Next Generation" star LeVar Burton wrote: "Offering prayers for Walter & Judy Koenig as well as their beloved son, Andrew..."
"Oh my god," tweeted Wil Wheaton. "I just heard that Andrew Koenig's body has been found in Vancouver. He was only 41. My heart goes out to his family."
Koenig's 'Growing Pains' co-star Kirk Cameron has not made a statement since the actor's death, but said last week, "I am praying for his family during this time of distress and for his safe return." Reports PEOPLE, Cameron added, "Andrew, if you're reading this, please call me."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shay Mitchell Splits From Boyfriend Ryan Silverstein After a Year of Dating
- Miranda Kerr Goes Without Underwear, Flashes Lots of Leg in Black Perforated Leather Look in Paris: See the Pictures
- Taken 3 Trailer Released: Liam Neeson Framed for Murder, Beats Up Bad Guys
- ?Absolutely Green' Khloe Kardashian Admittedly Needed Work On The X Factor, Former Co-Host Mario Lopez Says
- ?Bachelorette' Baby! Ashley Hebert & Husband J.P. Rosenbaum Welcome Son Fordham Rhys
- ?In Denial': Amanda Bynes' Parents Don't Believe She Needs Meds, Conservatorship, Claims Source
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young left band due to dementia
- Alicia Keys Reveals Her Due Date—Find Out When the Singer Will Give Birth to Her Second Child!
- Rita Ora: String Bean, Asparagus or Cold-Pressed Green Juice? See the Crazy Green Look!
- Diem Brown Speaks About Latest Cancer Battle: ''I'm Really Looking Forward to Having One Painless, Fun Day''