Stars Mourn Andrew Koenig Through Twitter
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 26th 2010 06:35AM
Alyssa Milano wrote, "If you know someone suffering from depression, please do everything in your power to get them help. R.I.P. Andrew."
"My heart is heavy for the Koenig family," tweeted comedian Sarah Silverman.
Unable to hold back sobs during a dramatic press conference, Walter Koenig confirmed Thursday that his son Andrew had taken his own life. Walter played Chekov in the 'Star Trek' TV series and films; his co-stars and other actors in the franchise also used Twitter to express their sympathy.
"My deepest sympathies to Andrew Koenig's family," William Shatner wrote. "I will grieve with them."
"Star Trek: Next Generation" star LeVar Burton wrote: "Offering prayers for Walter & Judy Koenig as well as their beloved son, Andrew..."
"Oh my god," tweeted Wil Wheaton. "I just heard that Andrew Koenig's body has been found in Vancouver. He was only 41. My heart goes out to his family."
Koenig's 'Growing Pains' co-star Kirk Cameron has not made a statement since the actor's death, but said last week, "I am praying for his family during this time of distress and for his safe return." Reports PEOPLE, Cameron added, "Andrew, if you're reading this, please call me."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Karen O Is Pregnant! Yeah Yeah Yeahs Singer Expecting First Child With Husband Barnaby Clay
- Catelynn Lowell, Tyler Baltierra Clash With Carly's Adoptive Parents: Watch the Teen Mom OG Sneak Peek Clip!
- Shakira Cheers on Boyfriend Gerard Pique With Sons Milan, Sasha: Adorable Pictures!
- 'Furious 7' tops box office for third straight week
- Ringo Starr inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Bobby Flay reportedly had an affair that ruined his marriage to Stephanie March