Stars Mourn Andrew Koenig Through Twitter
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 26th 2010 06:35AM
Alyssa Milano wrote, "If you know someone suffering from depression, please do everything in your power to get them help. R.I.P. Andrew."
"My heart is heavy for the Koenig family," tweeted comedian Sarah Silverman.
Unable to hold back sobs during a dramatic press conference, Walter Koenig confirmed Thursday that his son Andrew had taken his own life. Walter played Chekov in the 'Star Trek' TV series and films; his co-stars and other actors in the franchise also used Twitter to express their sympathy.
"My deepest sympathies to Andrew Koenig's family," William Shatner wrote. "I will grieve with them."
"Star Trek: Next Generation" star LeVar Burton wrote: "Offering prayers for Walter & Judy Koenig as well as their beloved son, Andrew..."
"Oh my god," tweeted Wil Wheaton. "I just heard that Andrew Koenig's body has been found in Vancouver. He was only 41. My heart goes out to his family."
Koenig's 'Growing Pains' co-star Kirk Cameron has not made a statement since the actor's death, but said last week, "I am praying for his family during this time of distress and for his safe return." Reports PEOPLE, Cameron added, "Andrew, if you're reading this, please call me."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince George, Prince William, Kate Middleton Color-Coordinate Outfits En Route to Sydney: Picture
- Kate Middleton, Prince William Pose With Adorable Police Puppies in New Zealand: Pictures
- Pharrell Cries "Happy" Tears; Tony Dovolani Talks DWTS Tiff With NeNe: Top Stories
- Dean McDermott Visits 12 Step Recovery Merchandise Store, Says He’s ‘Trying To Get Sober’ To Save Marriage With Wife Tori Spelling
- Paul Walker's brothers to stand in for late actor as 'Fast & Furious 7' wraps
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cites 'severe' allergic reaction
- Tracy Morgan 'concerned' about Alec Baldwin
- Kate Middleton Looks Perfect While Trying to Stay Dry, Prince George Continues to Be Royally Adorable
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Wedding Not Happening: "They're Very Happy As Is," Source Says
- FX's Fargo: What Did You Think of Billy Bob Thornton's Dark New Drama? Plus, Behind-the-Scenes Scoop!